Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Android 8.0 Oreo Released Galaxy S8+ EE UK!

Just received the update via ota manual check! Check sammobile - it has the firmware and also live samsung updates website! Enjoy! Well done EE not too slow!

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Android 8.0 Oreo Released Galaxy S8+ EE UK!

@Brt5586 Thanks for letting us know!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
Highlighted
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.  Downloading now on EVR.  

Highlighted
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Just updated..... So what are the benefits of oreo? I can't see any major difference 🤔

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Tbf there isn't much difference rather than some of the settings menus and some of the multi window support and notifications. I recommend you clear your cache via recovery and factory reset. I am on 10% until later so gonna fully charge soon and leave it a few days and see how my battery goes. Apparently the battery has got worse for Galaxy S8 Users.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Uff. Note 8 EVR left behind again. Cammon EE. 

Electronic Engineer by day.
Geek by night.
Highlighted
Established Contributor

I have mine set to not update, but like a fool just pressed check for updated and mine just notified me, but I am not ready to update yet....

why do they make it dificult to get rid of the notification..... I had to reset the badgeprovider app to get rid of it 😞 

I may update at some stage but so far happy with the system software that came with my handset 🙂

Can anyone confirm if they have issue with bluetooth after the update in particular the SIM Access version... and battery life

Stuart

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Just update when your battery is on 30% and then once done - clear the cache and factory reset via recovery on phone. Once done that just setup like normal and did my normal procedure with getting rid of bloatware and disabling some apps. I fully charged yesterday when my phone hit 7% with it turned off. I have no issues with any of the firmware update and everything seems to working just as before.

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Bosshoggwrote:

Uff. Note 8 EVR left behind again. Cammon EE. 

Note 8 Oreo hasn't even be released in UK so your are not left behind.

The S range is always before the Note range.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 10/One UI 2.1)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Oh well as much as I wanted to hold off the damn update notifcation appeared today and I cant get it to go away... Postponed update all over the lock screen!

So I have just, under protest let it update... just HOPE I have no issues... especially bluetooth..

**UPDATE**

Well thats all updated, looks identical apart from a few areas.... big thing is it still connects to the "sim access profile" version of bluetooth in my car 🙂 just hope it stays connected when using it lol... had a lot of issues with disconnecting...

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

I hope it works out for you @stuarttunstall

Have a great Easter

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Well, so far so good, just been out in the car that uses sim access profile to take over the SIM and it worked fine.... phewwww relief lol ... well so far any way lol

Update seems to have gone OK and everything working as it should, again, so far 🙂 

Reading issues with people and battery life mine seems, and I say seems to be a little better, used 5% since 7.15 this morning including about 90 mins connected to bluetooth which does seem to use a little normally.. 

Will see how it goes.. 

Have a good Easter fellow "EE" users 🙂 

Stuart

Highlighted
by

Note to self...

I must not eat as many eggs as I usually do @stuarttunstall

Well that is my plan anyway

Ha Ha

🙂

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Only wish I could eat loads of them...lol ... being diabetic and managing to control it with diet and excersice I would love to eat them, or anything like that for that matter, but better not lol almost 7 stone lighter than I was 6 years ago so want to keep it up for a little longer 🙂 

Highlighted
by

That is a fantastic achievement @stuarttunstall and you sound like you have it under control and whatever you are doing then carry on doing it.

I prefer Eggs of the Poached kind anyway, so if I can be good and have a couple on lovely brown toast, then I'd be a happy man.

🙂

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Well all seems to be running as it should.... I took the S8+ off charge at 7.15am yesterday (30.03.18) and as I have not made or recived any calls, like normal from Friday to Sunday and it spends a lot of time on standby over the weekend, just receive a lot of emails, the battery is still at 73% at 10.15am the following morning (31.03.18) 

Will see how it goes during the week, usually as I a not a heavy call user and just get lots of emails, I usually charge every couple of days, usually down to about 30% by then... 

So far Oreo update seems OK .... only thing I do not really like is the search bar at the top of the app screens.... 

Highlighted
by

Thanks for the update, @stuarttunstall. 🙂

Glad everything seems OK so far.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.