by DanielSPA Investigator
Investigator

Add a data pack remotely & add multiple numbers to one account.. issues

I have 6 sim cards which We're planning on using at my business in 4G routers. 

They are pay as you go Sim cards.

I am running into issues trying to add a data pack to a sim card. Each time I log online and try to add a data pack it asks me to connect to a device with the sim card in order to do so. 

This is very inconvinent because we may not always be in a position where we have the the sim card & 4G router to hand and we may need to add a data pack remotely. 

Is there a work around for this? 

Second issue:

I have 6 sim cards as I mentioned above. I initially made an EE account for each sim card as I thought it would be easier to manage each seperatley.

I rang support as I was having issues with the data pack & they said they moved each number to 1 account.

So they said they moved 6 numbers to 1 account - I can't locate these numbers. When I log into the account they say they're on it only has one number under 'manage devices'.

I've rang multiple times and spent over 2 hours on the phone with the guys at support who have said they'll ring me back when they've sorted the issue. It's about 2 days since this and I haven't received a single call/email from them.

The issue is still unresolved - any help or ideas on a work around would be great.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Add a data pack remotely & add multiple numbers to one account.. issues

From the MyEE Menu there's a Switch Accounts drop-down for switching to another a/c (mobile no.). Thereafter all the info shown by MyEE relates to that no. alone.

While you're in each no. you can choose & buy a pack.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

If i go to add a data pack this is the screen I see - clicking on any of the options in the top right does nothing.EE Data Pack.PNG

Below is the manage numbers screen & only one number is showing. This is after 2 x 2 hour calls to support that said they've changed the numbers to the one account I'm currently displaying.

EE Manage Numbers.PNG

So in the My EE drop down I don't see a "Switch Accounts" drop down. 

My EE drop down.PNG

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not that MyEE menu but the Menu at top L with the horizontal lines below the 2 "MyEE"'s:

Capture.JPG

giving:

Capture2.JPG

Your top pix is not MyEE at all but EE's web page, http://add-on.ee.co.uk , for buying data where, as it says, you need to be off WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Great - Thank you for pointing that out. I can now see the different numbers on my account.

For the data pack - I would still need to connect to the sim card in order to add a data pack!?

What use is this if the sim card and 4G router I need to add a data pack to is 200 miles away? Is it not possible to add a data pack to the router remotely?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

No, you can add packs from within your MyEE online from anywhere.Capture3.JPG

by
EE Employee

Hi @DanielSPA 

I hope the information provided by @XRaySpeX has assisted with your query?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Yes and no.

I still don't see any way to add a data pack to a sim card without being connected to it.

It seems like you have to connect to the EE network if you want to add a data pack to it.

Example scenario:

4G router & Sim card go out on a job, 300 miles away.

Sim card runs out of data.

How is the office 300 miles away supposed to top the sim card up remotley?

(another issue is the fact that EE doesn't automatically send VAT invoices/reciepts of top-ups unless it's a business account, very frustrating for us that don't qualify for Business accounts)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

YES!

You login to your MyEE online from 300 miles away from home & buy a pack, as I illustrated in my previous post, from the Pack and add-ons page.

Your data allowance isn't stored on your SIM. It's recorded back at EE base against your no., wherever the SIM happens to be.

Investigator

I still get this error page pop up & there are no routes out.

EE Data Pack.PNG

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @DanielSPA

When you login into MyEE do you receive any errors when trying to add data to another device when you select the number?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I have 5 numbers on this account and all of them display the above screen when I attempt to add a data pack.

Investigator

Hi,

This is still unresolved.

Seems very strange to me that this isn't a feature with EE. This seems like a very straight forward process but the website just locks me out.

I will have to order Sim cards from another provider as this issue has been unresolved for over a week. I've had several hour+ calls with your support teams who all say they will call back at x time tomorow but never do.

None of the support teams have emails (i have asked for an email address many times) which makes continutiy difficult, which in turn leads to unresolved/followed up problems.

by
EE Employee

Hi @DanielSPA 

I understand your frustration, here in the community we do not have account access.

Any further investigation would need to be looked into by our technical support team.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It shouldn't be going to the EE purchase web page, http://add-on.ee.co.uk , when you add a pack from MyEE. What if you were doing MyEE not on the device itself? It couldn't possibly work. Are you sure you are adding the pack from within MyEE's Menu / Pack and add-ons ?

Investigator

Hi XRay,

When i go to: http://add-on.ee.co.uk the following page comes up: 

EE Data Pack.PNG

When i follow your link 'Pack and Addons' it takes me to this page:

EE Addon.PNG

And when I click 'add-on.ee.co.uk' it takes me to this page:

EE Forbidden.PNG

This is not my end, I have checked and double checked. EE server is blocking me out unless i connect via the EE network from adding a data pack. Great service.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC! It looks diff for a SIM in a MBB router. You have to go to http://add-on.ee.co.uk from the router itself to buy an add-on. In which case it will be impossible to do this remotely.

Why is MyEE only talking about add-ons & not packs? Is it because your credit is only £7?

Investigator

Yeah, this is the issue which seems to have no solution.

Also this is a sim card that I ordered from EE - they would have no idea what I'm planning on using it for. It could be in a phone & I would still have this problem (not being able to add data/packs remotely)

Why MYEE does anything is a mystery. It would also make no sense to only show packs you can afford & keep the rest hidden. So if that is the case then I'm even further dumbfounded. 

TBH at this point I'm not going to sink any more time/money into this company - Luckily the £7 was from someone in support!

Thanks XRay - although no soloution was avaliable I appreicate your assistance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

@DanielSPA wrote:

they would have no idea what I'm planning on using it for. It could be in a phone & I would still have this problem

Maybe you had the SIM in the router at the time you registered MyEE for that no.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.