by olisun Contributor
Contributor

Re: Access to the EE 800mhz

I disagree.

The coverage checker shows blanket coverage for that post code and then it mentions this "Excellent coverage for outdoor and indoor usage"

by olisun Contributor
Contributor

Strangely I was able to connect to band 20 in the same area twice but it held the connection only for a few seconds.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @olisun

I've checked the coverage in the postcode provided on our coverage checker and we offer 4G and 4G+ in the area.

In order to use 4g calling, you must have a 4G calling compatible device. The 4G calling option for the Sony Xperia XZ Premium is only available on devices purchased through EE directly.

If you're having issues with your service in the area, please check the coverage checker (above) which will tell you how strong the signal is in the area.

If you are not getting the estimated service, please check for or report a problem on our network status checker.

Thank you.

Chris

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@Christopher_G Hi Chris, The problem with the coverage checker currently is that it doesn't show any 800mhz coverage yet.

by

Hi @sully1311

The coverage checker shows all available 2G, 3G and 4G coverage and is updated each time a new mast is upgraded.

Chris 🙂

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

Hi @Christopher_G It doesn't show 4G 800 coverage yet. 

by

Thanks for getting back to me, @sully1311

The coverage checker will show you if can expect good indoor coverage in the areas you have provided above.

Any area in the UK that did not have 4G and now shows 4G after the 800MHz rollout, this would be have been updated on the coverage checker.

Thanks

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.