Highlighted
by theno30 Investigator
Investigator

4gee wifi mini not working

My wifi mini worked out of the box for ~24 hours. Now there is just a steady pulse of the EE logo but no other lights on the case or power button illuminate.

pressing the power button does nothing,

reset button for 5 seconds does not reset.

i can see and connect to the device but no internet access.

cannot access http://192.168.1.1 or  http://ee.mobilebroadband while connected.

On a 20gb contract

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by theno30 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: 4gee wifi mini not working

Hi 

I spoke to the technical team. Directed them to this page to get all the information they need.

It was replaced and haven't had any issues since.

Cheers 

18 REPLIES 18
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @theno30 wait for the battery to run down so it has no choice but to power off. It will probably go back to normal when your put it on charge and power it back on

🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @theno30 and welcome to the community.

This does sound very unusual.

So the device allows you to connect via WIFI but does not give any internet output?

Many thanks,

Lee

by theno30 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I can see it on networks and connect but no internet access.

Leaving it overnight currently to run flat.

by
EE Employee

Hi @theno30

Please let us know how you get on after running it flat.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It is also unusual not to be able access it at http://192.168.1.1 when you can connect to it via WIFI even when it has no Internet access.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by theno30 Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

Mini ran flat, plugged in usb and left for 10 minutes.

Started up and connected and product worked fine with all lights working for ~15 minutes before returning to original issue.

Now back to pulsing EE logo with Wi-Fi connection but no internet access.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @theno30

Thanks for coming back to see us 🙂

I'd recommend a chat with our technical support team and they can help you.

Let me know what they say.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by JH6 Investigator
Investigator

I am seeing what sounds like exactly the same problem, with my wife's "My Wifi" yellow box.

First happened two weeks ago, just as the OP reports: EE light is flashing, Wifi connects, but Windows 7 reports "no internet access".  Attempting to log in to http://192.168.1.1/ or http://ee.mobilebroadband/ gives "This site cannot be reached", though the Windows 7 wifi properties says that 192.168.1.1 is set as the internet gateway address.  There seems to be no way to turn the yellow box off -- the EE light goes on flashing, the wifi service remains visible; but no internet access.  Poking something into the reset hole also seems to have no effect.

Having allowed the battery to run out, last night the box worked fine.  (Though again, there seems to be no way to turn it off).  I left it on charge overnight.  This morning it is back to where it was two weeks ago -- EE light pulsing, wifi service connecting; but no internet access, and no access to admin control screen.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you let the battery run down and you still experience the same fault after charging and resetting it then you have a faulty device that needs repairing or exchanging under the warranty.

Did you hold the pin in the reset hole for at least 10 seconds? All the lights should flash on and it should power on after a moment.

by JH6 Investigator
Investigator

The only thing I can think to add is that, when I was using it a couple of weeks ago, I did get a couple of warnings from Windows of there being two devices on the network with the same IP.

I'm wondering, could the yellow box have moved IP address from 192.168.1.1 to something else, but that is what Windows is still trying to  gateway through ? 

by theno30 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi 

I spoke to the technical team. Directed them to this page to get all the information they need.

It was replaced and haven't had any issues since.

Cheers 

by JH6 Investigator
Investigator

I'll go and try re-setting again.

by JH6 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, theno, that's really good to know.

I have now tried re-setting again, using the reset hole.  Could feel the little switch press down inside, and held it for 20 seconds.

No effect.  The white EE light just went pulsing on regardless.

by

Please maybe give it another try @JH6

If you have any further problems, then call our technical team and they will try to help you further.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Johnnydee69

I had the same issue. Held the on/off button down AND the reset button (with a paper clip) continually for about 20 seconds and it rebooted and working again, so far, so good... 

by

Brilliant advice @Johnnydee69.

Thanks for sharing, hopefully this helps someone else too. 🙂

Chris

by Martin13

Solution (as noted further down the posts) is to press the reset button AND the on off switch together for at least 20 secs

by
EE Employee

Hi @Martin13 and welcome to the community.

Thank you for your feedback on this post 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.