Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

4GEE Business v Home?

Hi there,

I'm not an EE customer yet but having just spoken to someone on the phone I'm even more confused 🙂

I'm very interested in buyiung the 4GEE and having the external mast installed. The lady I spoke to said this was NOT an option for the 4GEE Home router only the regular one and that I had to buy that first before ordering the antena.

So armed with that I went to the website but the only non-Home 4GEE I see is on the business page (not an issue, I have an ltd.), the problem is the data allowance, on Home I can get 200GB for £60 but on business it's only 120GB for £100?

Firstly why the huge difference in pricing? Secondly, is there no option on the 4GEE Home to get the external antena installed?

What if I was to get my own external antena (probably a mikrotik RBwAPR-2nD) and just buy the 4gEE Router home and not use that and just the SIM, I assume that would just work fine and I could get teh 200GB for £60 then?

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE Business v Home?

The 4GEE Home Router, for consumers, can have an aerial installed for £100. You'll find details on https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-monthly-mobile-broadband/4gee-router/details#Features /Make the most of your 4GEE Home Router.

You could buy the 4GEE Home Router & just use the SIM in any unlocked device. The plan is attached to the SIM / no. & not the device itself.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hmm that directly contradicts what the lady on the phone told me then, she specifically said that the 4GEEHome router could NOT have the antenna fitted /confused

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, the person on the phone has told you the reverse of the facts. Indeed the Small Business site says nowt about any aerial for this device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@castlemaster wrote:

on business it's only 120GB for £100?

£120! On Business prices exclude VAT of 20%. 😞

Highlighted
by
EE Employee

Hi @castlemaster

You would need to give us a call so we can run a series of diagnostics with you to ensure the antenna is fit for purpose and will improve the speed and consistency of the 4GEE Home Router If you're happy with these we will then arrange an engineer.

The engineer will verify the improvements and speeds with you before the installation takes place. If for any reason you do not want to progress with the installation, we will refund you £90 of the £100 installation fee (a £10 non-refundable charge is taken).

If you are unhappy with the installation for any reason we will de-install the antenna and make good free of charge.

If you have purchased the antenna within 14 days of signing up to an 18 month 4GEE Home contract, the returns period is increased by a further 14 days from the day of installation.

If you are not happy with the increase in performance we will refund the installation and allow you to cancel your contract outside of the 14 day returns policy.

If you are happy with this please get in contact with our dedicated antenna team on 0800 079 0131.

Hope this helps,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.