Highlighted
by ClaireD1 Investigator
Investigator

world talk and text-voicemail query

Hello, I am going to America this month and will need to use my mobile on one day only to ring a car transfer company to give them details of our cruise ship disembarkation.

The rest of the time my phone will be switched off and data roaming disabled.

I guess getting the world talk and text package is the best option but:-

1. Do I only pay the £6 charge if I make a call and can I make as many calls as I want for £6

2. Do I get charged £6 if while my phone is switched off someone rings me and the call goes through to voicemail or if I get a text while it is switched off

3. If the answer is yes to question 2 how do I deactivate my voicemail on a temporary basis and stop texts?

thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: world talk and text-voicemail query

1. Yes.
  2. Yes, if the call goes to VM. You won't get texts while it's switched off.
  3. Text VM OFF to 150 before you leave.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

1. Yes.
  2. Yes, if the call goes to VM. You won't get texts while it's switched off.
  3. Text VM OFF to 150 before you leave.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by ClaireD1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your quick reply

, silly question, but I guess to reactivate my voicemail I text VM ON to 150 when I get back to UK

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by ClaireD1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi again everyone, I am about to purchase world text and talk ready for going to America next week, before I do can I check that while I am still in the UK my normal calling plan is still operational and I won't get charged £6 per day for making calls in the UK!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ClaireD1  Yes you’ll still use your call  and text allowance while in the UK. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @ClaireD1

@Chris_B is correct, whilst you're in the UK you will be using your normal package. 

Once you arrive in America your world talk and text package will activate. 

Have an amazing time, 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.