by overdene
Explorer

why can I not receive SMS notifications to my iPhone 6 from my Turkish bank?

I have a Turkish bank account and in order to access online they send an SMS to my UK phone.  Was there last month and this was not a problem.  However, went on 17,7.17 and found that I could not receive an SMS at all.  Went into bank and they said it is a carrier issue.  Are EE blocking SMS from Turkey?  If not how has this happened and how can I fix this as I need to access my account whilst in Turkey.  I can receive SMS from people in UK whilst in Turkey.

3 REPLIES 3
by overdene
Explorer

Re: iPhone 6 no service in Turkey

I travel to Turkey a few times a year and have a bank account there and need to receive an SMS from bank to complete log in.  Never been a problem for the last year and was not a problem a month ago when I was there.  However visited on 17.7.17 and noticed that my phone said No Service top left.  Thought, no problem as I use wifi anyway and never have data roaming on.  This time however could not get the SMS message from bank.  Interestingly though got SMS from UK ok.  Went into bank as thought it was them and they report that they have been inundated with complaints from UK citizens and said it was an issue with my phone provider.  

Are SMS from Turkey being blocked?  If not how do I fix this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why can I not receive SMS notifications to my iPhone 6 from my Turkish bank?

@overdene. It could just be a network issue there.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: why can I not receive SMS notifications to my iPhone 6 from my Turkish bank?

Good morning @overdene

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems receiving texts from abroad.

As @Chris_B has advised, it could well be a local network issue.

Have you got the latest iOS for the iPhone?

Can you receive SMS from other Turkish numbers?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.