by leegam1973 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

is my old phone not unlocked now ?? any iPhone or iPad sold directly by EE, on o

From EE web site;any iPhone or iPad sold directly by EE, on or after 1 September 2015, will be unlocked automatically once it reaches 18 months old*

6 REPLIES 6
Established Contributor

I have a new phone on a new contract how do I unlock my old phone from old contr

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: I have a new phone on a new contract how do I unlock my old phone from old c

@leegam1973 you need to call customer service on 150 and request a pac code to unlock the phone, normally takes 7-10 days to be unlocked. 

Established Contributor

Re: I have a new phone on a new contract how do I unlock my old phone from old c

I thought the phone automatically unlocked when you had paid for it or the end of contract for a iPhone 7 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: is my old phone not unlocked now ?? any iPhone or iPad sold directly by EE,

@leegam1973 have you tried putting a none EE sim in the phone to see if it's unlock.... Yes iphones automatically unlock after 18 months. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: is my old phone not unlocked now ?? any iPhone or iPad sold directly by EE,

@leegam1973   Try a o2 or Vodaphone sim in the device,  don’t use a 3 sim as these have issues sometimes but once you’ve put a o2 or Vodaphone sim in the device and it’s working you can then use a 3 sim in the device. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rogersdave77: PACs have nowt to do with unlocking. They are solely for porting your no. to another network.

@leegam1973: Yes, any Apple device which was purchased directly from EE on or after 1 September 2015 will be unlocked automatically once the device reaches 18 months old.

Put its IMEI into the Unlocking your device form & it'll tell you whether it's unlocked or, if not, how to get it unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.