Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
by andermarcitaly
Visitor

iphone locked orange ee bought with contract expired.

I bought apple iphone 5 online uk orange. seller assured me that the contract has expired, apple told me the phone was purchased on February 3, 2013, the phone does not function in Italy with Italian cards.
the seller cheated me communication is difficult, where can I contact orange uk email for news on the phone, on the contract and how to unlock it? or how to act legally?
imei phone is ###############, I do not know who to contact, the orange Italy gave me only the number orange uk, uk orange email me serves to solve the problem.

[Mod edit: Please do not include any private information in posts as all posts are publicly viewable. Thanks!]

2 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: iphone locked orange ee bought with contract expired.

HI, 

Unlocking your phone is easy when done when still within your contract period (before cancelling/upgrading)

Contract Phone

When buying a phone on contract from EE (regardless of store bought from eg CPW) for the first 6 months that phone still belongs to EE under their T&Cs so you are unable to alter anything on the phone or have it unlocked.

After the 6 months have gone you can have the phone unlocked but this will cost £20.42 which will be added to your next bill.

The unlock will take anything from 3 working days for iPhone and 7 working days for any other device.

PAYG Phone

A PAYG phone can be unlocked whenever you want it to. You don't have to wait the 6 months for it to be unlocked. You will need to add at least £20.42 credit to your account to pay for the unlock.

Again for iPhone it takes 3 working days and 7 working days for any other device.

Second Hand Phones

When buying a second hand phone off a site like eBay/Gumtree (even if they are sold as brand new and sealed) you can't ask for the unlock against your existing contract. You will need to follow the route for PAYG.

Requesting Unlock

Just follow down the Contract or PAYG route.

Completing Unlock

Once you receive the text from EE to say the unlock is complete (iPhone) or a text with an unlock code (Other Devices) then you can complete the unlock

Click here to find out how complete the unlock on an iPhone

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: iphone locked orange ee bought with contract expired.

The contract can be expired but that doesn't mean it's unlocked. You can get it unlocked if you do it how @Northerner says but you will need to top up the account with GBP
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions