cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

iPhone Xs Max-Delivery date change?

harryhdsy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi guys,

My order online says that my phone is expected to be delivered on the 21st SEP 2018 (this Friday release day).

Does ayone elses order state differently? Trying to see how many people have a different date and what model you have ordered?

Hope to hear from someone soon 😉

19 REPLIES 19
TiffJ
Former EE Community Manager

Good morning @Jnosteo and @MiasMuma

I'm going to look into this for you and see what's happened. I'll send you both a PM and if you could reply to that with your order number and phone number I can start sleuthing and figuring it out. (To see your private messages click your avatar at the top of the page and you'll see the notification there)

Tiff 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
MiasMuma
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Jnosteo@TiffJ

Hi I have had exact same experience... Dpd told me they didn't recieve info from ee till 7.10am so couldn't deliver Friday! She then told me it was because I was In Scotland and it was. 2 day service so I asked her to explain how last year I got my iPhone x on launch day and iv lived in same house for years so it was possible last year and not this year? And I paid for next day delivery last Friday with ee! But thank @TiffJ for looking into this for us and I'm really hoping can still recieve tmrw? 

Jnosteo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

from what i can read between the lines there has been a **bleep** up with certainly mine and possibly yours that i have a gut feeling that certain peoples orders were not actually sent or completed properly and so now its been delayed as they didnt send details when ordered last friday.

im waiting to hear back from Tiff on this matter but i wont hold my breath in it arriving any sooner.

my mum order iphone 8 a month or so ago and it arrived 24 hours later so saying that you living in scotland and me in isle of man is a total false excusse as it can be done. bottom line is someone somewhere has mucked up and we have been the ones to miss out on recieving our phones when we should.

keep me updatetd on if you have any joy and visa versa.

all the best.

@MiasMuma @Jnosteo

This is the lack thing you need to do. @TiffJ is a senior manager who clearly is picking this up and trust me, I’ve know this wonderful woman for ages and she will do everything in her power to make sure this is addressed and prevented further. 

Stay tuned, and anything we can all do just let us know. 

MiasMuma
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Jnosteo

Hi yeah il let you know, im waiting on @TiffJ looking into it too! Can't believe it because I ordered at 8.01am and it was confirmed within 10 minutes basically and guy said was first order he'd taken that day and right up until this morning it said it would be tomorrow! 😔 and yeah totally rubbish excuse saying we live in Scotland.. Amazon prime and dpd mange to deliver me everything else within 24 hours so it's deffinitely possible and worst thing is I can see our local bloody dpd depot from my house! So frustrating... Especially when we have paid for the next day delivery service! Let me know how u get on x

MiasMuma
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Ben090

Thanks, yeah hoping @TiffJ can sort out for us both x

Jnosteo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

thank you,i am being positive and hoping things can be sorted by TiffJ good to know we are in good hands,

many thanks ben090.

Just had this conversation with DPD who without my consent changed my delivery date from today (21st) to Saturday 22nd. Apparently they don’t have the resources to handle a large delivery weekend?! Luckily The EE customer service chap was brilliant and also apologetic and refunded my delivery charge as a good faith gesture. Will have to wait another day, as annoyed as I am, I’ll have to live with it!

8D0CBEA9-491C-43D7-8583-8F68E25D7D01.png

C360D974-C4C0-4846-9B37-CFA0CA8ACF80.png

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dreos,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm very sorry to hear you delivery has been delayed. I'm sure the circumstances that led to your delivery being delayed were beyond the courier's control.

I'm glad my colleague was able to refund your delivery charge and that your phone will be arriving tomorrow.

Have a great weekend.

James

Jnosteo
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
Unfortunately my phone will not be delivered tomorrow. I am having to wait till Monday which I am still fuming about. I have not been given a reason as to why this has happened but it’s left me wondering what I will do next year as this whole fiasco has left me with no new phone for the whole weekend and as it’s launch day today I feel the excitement has gone.

I will be questioning whether to stay with EE next year as your also not able to supply the stainless steel Apple Watch series 4 either so all in all it’s been one issue after another and feel very let down and fobbed off to be fair.

Anyway hope you have a better weekend than me

From

Jason Newman BSc (Hons) Ost
A very disgruntled EE customer.