iPhone X
    Order now
x
Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

iPhone X on EE: Delivery information

The iPhone X is here and demand for this exciting new device is extremely high, with some colours and sizes being particularly popular.

We’re working hard to get deliveries out to customers as quickly as possible and we expect to receive stock from Apple on a regular basis. We’ll keep you updated right here in the EE Community on the latest developments and updates.

Your questions answered 

When will I get my iPhone X?

Our delivery partner DPD will contact you by text by 8pm the day before delivery to let you know to expect your order the following day.

The date you receive your iPhone X may vary depending on the colour and size variant you have pre-ordered, but we expect to receive regular deliveries from the manufacturer and will be getting them out to you as quickly as we can.

Why have I not been contacted about my delivery?

You will receive a text from DPD, by 8pm the day before your delivery, to confirm that it's on its way.

Do any orders get priority, such as those ordered online?

No, we send out devices according to when we received the completed order, whether this was online, in store, or over the phone.

The delivery timescale will vary depending on the colour and size variant you purchased.

What happens when my iPhone X is in stock?

If you ordered online or over the phone, you'll receive a text from our delivery partner DPD with details of your delivery.

Remember you’ll need proof of ID when your order is delivered, so please have one of the following forms of photo ID available:

• Passport
  • A valid driving licence

Find more detail about delivery of EE orders >

If you’re a new EE customer, we'll contact you using the details you provided to us. If you pre-ordered from an EE store, you’ll receive a call or text from a store advisor as soon as your phone is ready to collect.

Will I have to wait longer if I switch to a different model?

If you switch to an iPhone X variant that we currently have in stock then you may receive your order earlier. If you switch to a model that is out of stock, you won’t be moved to the front of the waiting list.

Could my delivery date change?

Yes, it’s possible. We’re in regular contact with Apple, and will be sending out orders as quickly as possible. We'll keep you updated right here with any information we have, as and when we receive it, although information relating to individual orders is not available here.

I paid an upfront cost for my device. Can I get money back because my device is delayed?

If you paid an upfront cost for your device this would not be eligible for refund due to a delay in delivery.

I haven’t received my iPhone X - when do I start paying?

Whether you’re an existing EE customer or a new one, your new Price Plan takes effect from the day your device is dispatched.

If you think you’re being charged in error, please call us on 150.

Why do I get different information over the phone, in store and in the EE Community?

The information in the EE Community is the most up-to-date, and comes first-hand from our Apple team, with whom we are in daily contact.

For the most accurate and up-to-date information, please refer to:

• This discussion you're reading now
  • The texts and emails we have sent you about your order

We’re making every effort to ensure we roll out information to all of our contact channels simultaneously but we’re right at the front line here in Community, so you’ve come to the right place. If you have any questions or just want to share what you love about your new iPhone X just tap "reply" below.

iPhoneX-34Lineup-GB-EN-SCREEN.jpg

Update 07.11.17

Update 10.11.17

This post has been updated to see the previous copy

Read more

The wait is over: iPhone X pre-order is open, online, in store and over the phone.

Pre-order iPhone X on EE

We know everyone is dying to get their hands on this one (who wouldn’t?) but what can you expect when pre-ordering on EE? Here’s the lowdown.

iPhone X pre-order: What happens next?

Once you’ve pre-ordered your iPhone X we’ll send you a confirmation email along with details on how to track your order.

We’ll be in touch again, by text message, once delivery of your new iPhone X is confirmed, plus you can visit the order tracker at any time to get the most up-to-date information on delivery of your iPhone X.

How does the order tracker work?

We have been working extra hard to ensure that the order tracker gives you the latest information we have. 

We update the order tracker every time we get a delivery from the manufacturer. You just need your order number (which was emailed or text to you when you placed your order) and the email address or phone number you gave us.

If you ordered in store they will contact you as soon as your phone is ready to collect.

iPhone X stock and deliveries

We allocate stock on a first come, first served basis. And we update our order tracker as soon as deliveries arrive, so you can see the latest information we have.

No delivery dates can be confirmed until they’re in the tracker, so remember to keep checking back for updates.

Will I get my iPhone X on launch day?

For the most up to date info we have about your delivery just login to the order tracker.

We will deliver phones in the order we receive them based on the colour and memory size chosen, no matter if they were ordered online, in store or over the phone

Where to pre-order if you have a plan with Annual Upgrade

If you are getting iPhone X as part of an Annual Upgrade, you will need to pre-order in store as when you receive your new phone you will need to return your old one.

Our help pages have lots more info about Annual Upgrade

Can I get or keep Friends & Family discount when pre-ordering iPhone X?

If you already have a Friends & Family discount on your account then this will remain on your account when ordering iPhone X, as long as you are on an eligible tariff and your friend or family member still works at EE.

Friends & Family discount is available on all Annual Upgrade plans with 40GB or more.

If you do not have it yet but want to add it on, this will need to be done once you have received your phone and within the first three months of your contract.

Our Help pages have all the info on Friends and Family discounts that you need.

Can I keep or get Perk Discount with iPhone X?

Perk discount is available with iPhone X on certain tariffs. Our help pages have lots of info about Perk and how it works.

If you are ordering as part of a standard upgrade or adding it for the first time, you will need the discount code provided by your employer at the point of purchase to have the discount added to your account.

Perk is not available on Annual Upgrade plans.

What are you going to order? Tap reply below if you’ve got any questions, and don’t forget to read our article on preparing for your new iPhone

I pre-ordered online, what happens next? 

As soon as we receive your order we will begin getting everything ready. At this point, you'll receive an email (with a reference number starting XKN).

As soon as we have processed your order, you'll be assigned an order tracking reference, you can find this in the My EE App, under "What’s New". This is also the point where we get your phone ready to be delivered, or if it's a really popular phone, add you to the queue.

Sometimes we may need to do some extra checks to make sure evening's set up correctly. We may also need you to give us a call, if we do, we'll let you know by email.

What do I need to do?

• Your reference number starting 0000
  • A proposed delivery date (or awaiting confirmation if a delivery date is not available)

There’s nothing more you need to other than sit back and wait for your new phone.

Don’t forget you can track your order with the order tracker.

If you can’t see the above details then just give us a call on 150.

5,225 REPLIES
by cassgreensmith Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Pre-ordering the iPhone X on EE

Thank you for clarifying the pre order process! So excited! Any news on the 256gb pricing yet?

by
EE Community Support Team

It's still in the pipeline, @cassgreensmith.

Stay tuned. Smiley Happy

Chris

by Chriswhitt Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 
I just spoken to some one from EE 5 Minutes ago. 
They have been given some prices for 256Gb iPhone x subject to change tho 
I only asked about the annual upgrade plans sorry

100 gb data

92.99 pm 9.99 upfront
87.99 pm 39.99 upfront 
82.99 pm 129.99 upfront 

I hope this helps, just wish EE will confirm them online so we can make descion before Friday. 

by HS Contributor
Contributor

Wait, i paid last year 179 upfront for the 256gb iphone 7 plus, now the upgrade is supposed to be free, so if they want me to pay 92£ a month, i will not, because this is bull****, the upgrade plan is a fail then, because we alrrady paid the 179£ upfront before. You all understand what i am trying to say? We should get the upgrade free with 82£ a month, when for new customers woth the upfront.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@HS  you still have to pay any upfront fee,  your tariff allows you to upgrade early.  All upgrades that have a fee upfront still have to be paid. 

by HS Contributor
Contributor

What does this mean then mate?

7C42C2F6-6E08-4E3A-99EB-95D35C537A06.jpeg

by Legend
Legend

HS wrote:

Wait, i paid last year 179 upfront for the 256gb iphone 7 plus, now the upgrade is supposed to be free, so if they want me to pay 92£ a month, i will not, because this is bull***t, the upgrade plan is a fail then, because we alrrady paid the 179£ upfront before. You all understand what i am trying to say? We should get the upgrade free with 82£ a month, when for new customers woth the upfront.

@HS @Christopher_G

These figures are not confirmed by EE yet so lets not get frustrated about something which may not be correct. 

Once EE release this info officially then maybe revisit. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Hello, 

But I understand where the frustration come from with annual upgrade.

I spoke to a guy in the Ee store and he said you do have to hand the phone in and pay the upfront cost. 

The phone basically pays of the remaining contact. 

But you can pay a fee to keep it. 

It can help with the cost of the upfront. It depends what phone of course if it’s makes sence. It might be only £30 left after paying the charge but it better than nothing. 

Ee feeEe fee

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Chriswhitt wrote:
Hello, 
I just spoken to some one from EE 5 Minutes ago. 
They have been given some prices for 256Gb iPhone x subject to change tho 
I only asked about the annual upgrade plans sorry

100 gb data

92.99 pm 9.99 upfront
87.99 pm 39.99 upfront 
82.99 pm 129.99 upfront 

I hope this helps, just wish EE will confirm them online so we can make descion before Friday. 

THanks for this Chris 

prices what I was expecting to be honest as the 8 plus is £82 a month on the same plan so £92 is expected with a low upfront cost.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HS,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

You can find out everything you need to know on our annual upgrade help page.

Thanks

James

by VIP_Tom Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can't wait to pre-order my iPhone X in-store on Friday.

I queried how the process works at the weekend (I am an Annual Upgrader) and the store assistant said it might be better paying the full price to keep the phone and then selling it. Also, if you are paying £100 because the phone as a small scratch on it, it might be better paying £350 then selling it.

Hoping to not wait nearly a month for the X like I did for my 7 Plus.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VIP_Tom   Expect wait longer because Apple are launching this in 56 countries instead of 26 like they did with the iPhone 7. 

by VIP_Tom Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B Ah yeah I forgot about that. Plus also with the strain I've been reading on production it's not looking bright. Hopefully the new order tracker will provide lots more accurate and constant updates than what we had last year.

by JoshuaPriestley Contributor
Contributor

@Jon_B Are the prices posted above correct at this time? (£94 per month for 256GB)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@VIP_Tom    Well if that operates the way it did for the Apple Watch I wouldn’t rely on that because when the Apple Watch launched that had all sorts of issues.   The best thing to do is to place the order and not expected to turn up so when it does turn up you going to be surprised.   There is no point in demanding where is my iPhone because it actually out of EEs control of what Apple send to EE and we all know this. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JoshuaPriestley   Those prices are for the 64 Gig variant at present there is no pricing for the 256 gig variant 

Investigator

That is the figures that I was told this morning but he did they there where subject to change. 

But if you look at 64gb x 

and iphoen 8 plus 

the figures do fit .

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Chriswhitt wrote:

That is the figures that I was told this morning but he did they there where subject to change. 

But if you look at 64gb x 

and iphoen 8 plus 

the figures do fit .

Yeah they do make sense.

personally might as well pay £39 upfront and pay 87 a month then the £9.99 upfront for £92.

by cassgreensmith Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B the 64gb is not quoted at £94 a month! The most expensive is £82.99 a month. 

The prices seem about right to me, going to ring myself tomorrow to check my contract is all in order to upgrade as I sent back my previous upgrade, so I will ask about the pricing then.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.