by guidopiccone
Explorer

how to sue EE for blacklisted my phone

Good Morning,

Someone know, how can sue EE for Blacklisted my Mobile phone. even when I am not a EE customer

11 REPLIES 11
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: how to suit EE for blacklisted my phone

Can you be a bit more specific in what your asking? 

What are the origins of this phone? And why is it blacklisted?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how to suit EE for blacklisted my phone

How can you possibly sue EE when you have no contract with them?

EE will not unblock your phone for anyone but the original owner, who did have a contract with EE which wasn't transferable to you.

Your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by guidopiccone
Explorer

Re: how to sue EE for blacklisted my phone

I bougth the phone on facebook Market, from Mr XXXXXXXXX XXXXX, at XX XXXXX XXXXX, XXXXXXXXX, this phone was unlock and I can use under any network so I used my 3 sim card, I bougth this phone on the 24th of February 2018, and used for around 3 month till the 16th May 2018 I saw that my Iphone has not signal , I call 3 to check which one was the problem and they told me that EE blacklisted my phone.

When I Rang EE and they told me that they can not help me or give me any information related of the phone status.

So now I am the one that is losing out, I have Paid for a unlock phone that does not work , and probable Mr XXXXXXXXX XXXXX the person who committed fraud againts EE is getting away with it.

[Mod edit: Please do not post personal information, such as names and addresses, in this public forum. Thanks]

by Grand Master
Grand Master

A typical insurance fraud!

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @guidopiccone,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried contacting the person you purchased the phone from?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @guidopiccone

As @XRaySpeX  said this sounds like a classic insurance fraud claims. There are two possibility here:

1. The original owner has defaulted on their bill/account and the phone is blocked. (if this is within the first 6 months as it would seem then the phone still contractually belongs to EE not the person who sold it. The fact you paid for it is irrelevant, the device belongs to EE)
  2. The owner is committing insurance fraud suggesting the phone is lost or stolen, obtaining a new phone from their insurance, then sell it on cheap to people like you, 3 months later reporting it lost or stolen to their new insurers, obtaining a new phone…..wash, rinse, repeat. (again you lose out)

Assuming you paid by cash/bank transfer (not by your credit card) then you have lost out.

Ultimately you will need to pursue the seller, that is if they exist or are still at the address/number given. You also need to report this to the police as you are a victim of crime.

In future:

• Don't buy from facebook/gumtree/ebay unless they are legitimate VAT registered companies;
  • Always ensure you pay by credit card via a legitimate payment system – never use western money transfer, bank transfer or any other money transfer system;
  • If the item is considerably cheaper than retail – it's a scam or fake;
  • If the advert says “selling my upgrade, selling because I like my old phone/apple/android more, selling because I'm leaving the country, selling because I have won another phone” then it's a scam;

You have no rights against EE I'm afraid.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Mervecbn Investigator
Investigator

where can i send this text ? 

by Mervecbn Investigator
Investigator

Hi James 

I have a blacklisted phone for 8 months . I contacted with him 100 times . he always told me , he will return the money . NEVER DID IT !!!

I complained to the Police . Nothing happened !!!

what else can i do ????

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mervecbn : What text?

by Mervecbn Investigator
Investigator

Which is you shared as a report example .

anyway I reported my phone previous owner to Action Fraud . Also i called my bank for money back , they said its a civil matter and they cannot do anything . 

I have this guys ID and home address postcode , still i cannot do anything ???

Im getting crazy with EE , They dont help at all . They just protect frauds..

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mervecbn.

As mentioned above, EE can't un-blacklist a phone that has been reported as lost/stolen. 

You will need to contact the person who sold you the phone, or the police.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.