by Kristigu Investigator
Investigator

getting beeps when trying to call

Hi, I am in Austria and have been for the last 2 weeks making phone calls without a problem. Suddenly i can't make any calls or text messages and it beeps like it won't connect me whenever i try. I can't even call EE to talk to them about it. I can't find any chats that i can do either. My monthly billing renewed yesterday so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i am on direct debit with more than enough money to cover it. I get a phone signal with full strenght, but with no data coming through, which was fine up until yesterday. Can anyone shed any light, or give me a way of contacting EE when your phone won't work... 

7 REPLIES 7
by Kristigu Investigator
Investigator

Can't contact EE from overseas

Hi, I am in Austria and have been for the last 2 weeks making phone calls without a problem. Suddenly i can't make any calls or text messages and it beeps like it won't connect me whenever i try. I can't even call EE to talk to them about it. I can't find any chats that i can do either. My monthly billing renewed yesterday so not sure if that has anything to do with it, but i am on direct debit with more than enough money to cover it. I get a phone signal with full strenght, but with no data coming through, which was fine up until yesterday. Can anyone shed any light, or give me a way of contacting EE when your phone won't work... 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Can't contact EE from overseas

Hi @Kristigu if you click on http://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch then click Ee you should see the option for technical support chat 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Kristigu Investigator
Investigator

hi...i don't see technical support chat, just their phone numbers... i can't call as my phone won't work. I just see a grid with phone numbers only... am i looking in the wrong spot... 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kristigu: Try using the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype for free.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Kristigu Above the box with the phone numbers the chat option should be there although they are showing as busy at the moment you could also try as @XRaySpeX has suggested if that would be easier for you 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: getting beeps when trying to call

Hi @Kristigu

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

As this was working fine previously, it sounds like your roaming is fully set up.

Please try these troubleshooting steps:-

• Are you dialling the number correctly – some phones/networks may require you to manually dial the number in international format - +44 or 0044 to call back to the UK.
  • On iPhones make sure ‘Dial Assist’ is turned on in Settings > Phone.
  • Try doing a manual network search in ‘settings’ and selecting a different network, most countries will have more than one available network

How to do a manual network search:-

iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

You can find more help and advice on our What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi

Thanks @Damienw1 and @XRaySpeX

I replied to your other post with some hints and tips, @Kristigu.

If those didn't work, you may be able to access our live chat service through your My EE account (through the phone/computer browser not the app).

Just log in and a chat box will pop up when an advisor is available.

Otherwise, you can find other contact details on our get in touch page.

Chris 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.