by NotNormal Investigator
Investigator

eSim ..... when will EE support this on my iPhone XS ?

When will EE support the Apple eSim in the iPhone XS ? 

140 REPLIES 140
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: eSim ..... when will EE support this on my iPhone XS ?

Hi @NotNormal

Probably not this generation of device. Or at least until they are forced into it by the device not having a normal SIM slot.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Well if that’s the case then that’ll be disappointing ..... as I have two numbers, and was under the impression that I could run them both on this XS 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Let's be honest E-SIM is just a great idea. I think you can also store more than one carrier profile in them, so you could have all carriers on one device, then swap them as needed. Or maybe one from another country. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@NotNormal Apple have already confirmed EE will be an iPhone XS / XS Max eSIM supporting carrier, details here; as to when though, no one knows yet as Apple are to enable the eSIM use with a later iOS update.

Investigator

Brilliant, thanks for the useful info, I’ll take a look and read now 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed

It might be supported, but not necessarily implemented.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @NotNormal,

Welcome to the EE Community.

eSIM support will be available on EE once Apple enable the service via an iOS update.

Thanks

James

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It will be coming in the 12.1 update that’s currently in beta for developers and to the public

Sadly even with the beta update the esim cannot be enabled without a QR code to scan from the network or without an SM-DP+ Address (whatever that is) and an activation and confirmation code.

Its a shame that even with the beta there is no way to enable this functionality as the whole point of a beta period is to test new features and doing so might help avoid a catalogue of errors from EE such as the ones that happened when esim came to the Apple Watch last year

by Mikey1971 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Wrong information. Are you just guessing?

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Not sure who that comment is directed at @Mikey1971 but hopefully not me as the information in my post is bang on

I’m running the 12.1 beta and the options to enable the esim are there in mobile data settings but they require a QR code or the information I mentioned to enable it

Established Contributor

No not you lol. 

Yes its it’s available and will be up and running in about 5 weeks from what I’m told. 

by Robinsonboy1 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, I’m running 12.1 and the option is there! 

A question someone may be able to answer. If I use e-sim for my EE phone number can I use a SIM card that on O2 if I get my phone unlocked? My work phone is o2

by MrGimper Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Can't wait for this to be enabled. I bought my XS Max direct from Apple so ultimately want to move my EE service to the eSIM and then whack my work Voda SIM in and stop carrying 2 phones!

by

Yes, @Robinsonboy1.

Once your phone is unlocked, you'll be able to use a different network SIM in the device.

For more information on how to unlock your phone, please see Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device.

Thanks

James

by LAM69 Investigator
Investigator

James,

are we able to get this information now if we are running 12.1 ?  

Established Contributor

To summarise, apple are set up with this and ready but EE are not up and running to accommodate this feature on the iPhone only the esim on the I watch as it was a more straight forward set up. 

They should sort themselves quite quickly as Vodafone have just announced they will be up and running soon so EE could be losing some customers shortly. 

Im sure it will influence EE to try and push this if they care about keeping customers. 

Personally , which ever one supports it first I will be going with for my next 2 years of contract. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mikey1971  Funny how Apple don’t   advertise Vodaphone as a supported network.  And apple have just pushed out a  beta that enable the esim so even apple haven’t said there ready and they could even pull this from the beta before release. 

And HERE’S an Apple page with that eSim information on what networks will support it. 

by

Hi @LAM69.

Welcome to the community.

Are you part of the Apple Beta Software Programme?

Jon

by Umiamz Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@greenbadger

SM-DP+ is the network's (EE's) eSIM provisioning platform. It's what your phone connects to to get the eSIM profile they've set up for your account.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.