Highlighted
by Cavole20
Explorer

eSIM

Hi, i have bought an Apple iPhone XR thinking I could use Dual-SIM functionality for personal & work numbers combined as advertised. Both my contracts are currently on Vodafone & have just realised Apple do not support Vodafone for eSIM function. I have a Vodafone work contract (non negotiable) but am happy to change my personal number to EE network.  Can I use an EE SIM as an eSIM for my personal number alongside the Vodafone SIM so that both numbers operate through the one phone? Thank you 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: eSIM

You take out an EE SIM-only contract, which gets you a physical SIM. You then phone EE or go into an EE shop to get the QR code pack to scan to transfer to eSIM.

You may PAC your no. from Voda to EE.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, as long as the phone is unlocked.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Cavole20
Explorer

Thank you.  I bought directly from Apple but put my Vodafone sim into yesterday so would that mean I have locked it to Vodafone?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not necessarily.

Was it sold as "Unlocked" or "SIM-Free"? It's the latter that lock to 1st SIM.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cavole20   If you purchased it from apple it’s unlocked. 

by Cavole20
Explorer

Brilliant! Thank you!  Are you able to advise me how to go about getting an eSIM?  I want to transfer my personal number from Vodafone over to the eSIM. Thank you 😊 

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hey Cavole,

Vodafone dont support esim, so you either have vodafone as the physical sim and EE as the esim, or you transfer your Vodafone number over to an EE physical sim and then have EE transfer it from physical to esim. So you could have an EE physical sim and an EE esim with your personal number etc.

Basically you can only have 1 physical sim and 1 esim active at any one time, but the phone can store multiple esims. Only ee support esim on iphone xs max or xr etc, so whatever you do, EE will only ever be the esim as no one else supports it.

Hope that makes sense but happy to answer any Q as i have an xs max with ee phsycial sim and ee esim whith an apple watch that has respective watch plans for the physical and esim as well.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You take out an EE SIM-only contract, which gets you a physical SIM. You then phone EE or go into an EE shop to get the QR code pack to scan to transfer to eSIM.

You may PAC your no. from Voda to EE.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

by m3centurion Contributor
Contributor

Or the easiest way to do it, which is what I did, is go into an EE shop and purchase and eSIM only contract.  They will provide you with a QR Code, which you scan into your phone, job done.  Obviously you need your PAC code from Vodafone to transfer your number.  No need to get a physical SIM from EE

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.