by Monty1972
Visitor

daughter has put pin on her phone & wont let me have access what can I do

My daughter is 15 & was brought an Iphone for her birthday, recently she has pin locked it so i cant see who or what she is doing on it. What can i do?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: daughter has put pin on her phone & wont let me have access what can I d

Take it away from her until she reveals the PIN & promises not to use another 1. You did give her the phone to use herself. Either trust her or not give her phones.

You could factory reset it by pressing some combination of buttons (I know not what) & remove all her stuff.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: daughter has put pin on her phone & wont let me have access what can I do

Hi @Monty1972

Welcome to the community.

If your daughter will not give you the PIN, you are able to reset the iPhone to factory settings.

However, this would mean she would lose all content that is saved to the device, unless it was backed up previously.

Hope this helps.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: daughter has put pin on her phone & wont let me have access what can I d

@Monty1972  To reset it you’ll need to know her Apple ID and password to activate the device again.  You’ll also need to put the device is to DFU mode to do this.  Without putting it in to DFU mode you’ll need to know the passcode for the device.  Your daughter has put a security measure on the device to stop other people from accessing it in case it is lost or stolen.   

Read more

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.