Highlighted
by
Contributor

contract iphone 5c no service

my iphone 5c was due upgrading last month 22nd january 2017 i havent upgraded yet as im having trouble with my iphone 5c with it having no service or seaching ive done everything that has been said to do and still doesnt work so im paying my contact phone that hasnt even been used ,ive contact you and all i get told is that there is nothing wrong with my sim or phone but there must be as cant stop working for no reason

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Annecandice14
‎17-02-2017 02:36 PM

Re: contract iphone 5c no service

thank you for the help and advice ,i will have to have my upgrade

6 REPLIES
by
Ace Contributor

Hello @Annecandice14

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

Have you checked EE's Status Checker to see if there are any reported problems in your area?

Has your phone stopped working in one specific area or is this happening everywhere you go?

by
Contributor

ive tried that everytime it says there is covarge in my area plus no matter where i go there is still no service ive had this since january still hasnt came back on ee even when ive done what it says to do but im still paying my phone contact but i dont know if maybe its doing this because my iphone was due upgrade 22nd january 2017

by
Ace Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for replying @Annecandice14Smiley Happy

Seems strange that you use to get service but now you dont and there are no known problems in your area. Smiley Frustrated

Could you provide me your postcode please? I'd like to have a look on the Coverage Map and EE's Status Checker. If you don't want to post this publicly, you can send this to me by Private MessageSmiley Happy

My next suggestion is, do you have a spare phone to place your SIM into? This will help determine if this is a SIM or phone problem.

by
Contributor

ive tried different sim in the iphone and there was no sim then searching then no service ,and i will send postcode via message

by
Ace Contributor

Thank you for the reply and providing your postcode by Private Message. Smiley Happy

I've had a look at the Coverage Checker and it states you should get "Excellent coverage for outdoor and indoor usage" and when I checked the Status Checker, there was no known problems.

It's starting to sound like there might be a problem with your iPhone. It's odd that the iPhone said there was "No SIM" and then it couldn't find any service for the new SIM.

I would try placing your SIM into another phone and if your SIM works, you know there is a problem with your iPhone. 

by
Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Annecandice14
‎17-02-2017 02:36 PM

thank you for the help and advice ,i will have to have my upgrade

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.