by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Why doesn’t my touchscreen respond to touch

I’m having issues with the touchscreen of my iPad Pro 11”, it keeps freezing and is unresponsive to touch. Difficulty in deleting mail as it keeps sticking, closing apps because it sticks at the bottom of the screen. I quite often have difficulty with the keypad refusing to raise so that I can type, individual letters miss and are not incorporated into the words I’m typing and words that appear in the bar above the keypad stick and do not go into whatever I’m typing also.

I’ve tried the following procedures deleting history and cookies, restarting the iPad but not sure what else to try any suggestions please ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why doesn’t my touchscreen respond to touch

@Raffaello2017   backup the device and then do a clean install of iOS via a PC and iTunes.  If you still have this issue after a clean install you’ll need to book a apple appointment for Apple to look at the device.  If it’s still under warranty apple will fix the issue but unfortunately you need not get a 12 month warranty with apple so it might cost you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Raffaello2017   backup the device and then do a clean install of iOS via a PC and iTunes.  If you still have this issue after a clean install you’ll need to book a apple appointment for Apple to look at the device.  If it’s still under warranty apple will fix the issue but unfortunately you need not get a 12 month warranty with apple so it might cost you. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Raffaello2017 

Thanks for coming back to the community.

Let us know how you get on after following @Chris_B advice.

Leanne 🙂

by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T @Chris_B Hi to Leanne and Chris, I think I must owe you an apology for not answering you until today, but I did eventually get my iPad Pro 11” working again but not by connecting it to a computer. I was able to do a complete reset through the actual device itself without resorting to connecting to a PC...

Thanks for your advice...

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you're sorted, @Raffaello2017

Thanks for letting us know.

Chris 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.