by Garrywall432 Investigator
Investigator

Why does the EE app ask for username/password even though Touch ID is enabled?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Why does the EE app ask for username/password even though Touch ID is enable

Like I said, force of habit. I need to stop logging out of everything. Lol. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 👍🏻

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why does the EE app ask for username/password even though Touch ID is enable

Hi @Garrywall432 

Because you haven't enabled it correctly. 

Three lines - settings - logging in - fingerprint

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
Investigator

It is enabled in settings, logging in, use Touch ID as you mentioned, but every time I log out and attempt to log in again it prompts me for username/ password and 4 digit pin and then asks me if I want to enable Touch ID to which I select ‘Yes’. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garrywall432 

What device are you using? 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

iPhone 8 and iPad Pro- does it on both of them. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garrywall432   Open the My EE app and click the three little lines at the top on the left hand side and scroll down to settings click it click login in and make sure Touch ID is enabled. 

Then open settings app on the device and go to Touch ID and Passcode (enter your device passcode) then click other apps and make sure My EE is enabled.  

Investigator

On the iPad in ‘other apps’ the EE app isn’t listed, the iPhone doesn’t have other apps as an option when I enter my passcode. And yes, Touch ID is definitely enabled in the app on both devices. 

Investigator

By the way, all my other apps using Touch ID work fine. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garrywall432 sorry for Face ID devices it’s slightly different.  

Ive just looked on my iPad and I have Touch ID enabled I also have the passcode enabled on it.    Your Touch ID is the check to enable the passcode to be entered to unlock the My EE app.  You need to make sure you have setup a passcode on the my EE app. 

Investigator

I think I might know what the problem is. If I close the app without logging out,  then when I open it again it asks for Touch ID (iPhone) or Face ID (iPad). I was always logging out of the ee app.  Probably force of habit as other apps like my banking, BT, etc will let me log out and then let me log back in using Touch or Face ID. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Garrywall432   Yes that will be it.  I’ve just set this up on my iPhone 8 to test.  You don’t need to log out of any app that uses Touch/Face ID.   There is a time limit on these apps that will force you to use Touch/Face ID when you want to use them again.   I don’t log out of any of my apps.  The only 2 apps that I’ve noticed that don’t have a auto log out timer is eBay and Amazon. 

Investigator
Solution

Like I said, force of habit. I need to stop logging out of everything. Lol. Thanks for your help, much appreciated 👍🏻

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.