by Im33 Investigator
Investigator

Why do I have to keep updating the same apps every few days on my iPhone 6s Plus

Why do I have to keep updating the same apps every few days on my iPhone 6s Plus

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why do I have to keep updating the same apps every few days on my iPhone 6s

Hi @Im33

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I believe this is because the app manufacturers are constantly updating software versions for security and improvements to your experience.

Have you got the apps set to automatically download or manually download?

I have them set to automatically download so I don't get prompted any more.

To do this go into

Settings >>> iTunes & App stores >>> toggle Apps on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Im33 Investigator
Investigator

It's not just one app. If I go on to the App Store it comes up with like 12 updates. I update them then the next day or a couple days later the same 12 apps need updating it's happened 3 or 4 times in the last month 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Im33

As @Richard_C has stated this has nothing to do with EE, it is the developers of those apps that are constantly updating the app and fixing bugs.

App companies don't just make an app and then leave it. They constantly work on them to make them safer and better for the consumer.

It happens with all apps on Android or Apple

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Profile closed
Not applicable

If the same apps are showing updates time after time though, there does look to be some kind of underlying issue somewhere.

Occasionally apps get another update shortly after a previous update (usually when the developer hasn't tested the app properly and it crashes on some or all iOS devices) but generally app updates shouldn't be happening all the time.

Try deleting one or some of the apps which keep showing it needs an update and re-download it as that will download the newest version that is currently available.

What are some of the apps that keep requesting updates?

Also just try turning your iPhone off completely and then back on again as your app store may be stuck in some kind of loop.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Im33. If your doing this on wifi are the apps updating fully before you come off wifi.  Have they installed fully? 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.