by Mikeeprior Investigator
Investigator

Why can’t I find details for the Apple Watch plans

I can find mention of plans when you add a cellular Apple Watch to your ee plan - I can see answers in previous community topics.  But nowhere in the ee shop are any current plan details available, such as monthly cost and data allowances.

the only option presented is to buy the watch on a monthly plan.

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Why can’t I find details for the Apple Watch plans

Do you mean you can't find the cellular plan, that you can add to the watch, that enables the cellular feature on the watch?

The plan that gives you cellular access (so that you can use your watch when not connected to your iPhone or WIFI) there is only one plan. That plan costs £5 per month, and gives you 10 GB of data. Any calls you make from the watch while on cellular, come out of the call allowance that you have on the iPhone.

Also, this plan used to be free for either the first 3 or 6 months (can't just remember which now).

Investigator

Thanks for the response.  What I would like to be able to do (as a prospective consumer) is look at the offer or deal in the official help or shop.  This enables me to effectively make an informed decision on the purchase of a cellular watch - either outright or on the EE was plan.  However there is no mention on the official website or product / plan offers about it.  

I’ve also seen mention that the data was unlimited rather than capped.  I presume this is not offered any more ?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Mikeeprior wrote:

Thanks for the response.  What I would like to be able to do (as a prospective consumer) is look at the offer or deal in the official help or shop.  This enables me to effectively make an informed decision on the purchase of a cellular watch - either outright or on the EE was plan.  However there is no mention on the official website or product / plan offers about it.  

I’ve also seen mention that the data was unlimited rather than capped.  I presume this is not offered any more ?

The free for six months offer, gave unlimited data during the offer period. Then once the free trial was up, it was £5 per month, and you got 10 GB. This was for watches purchased from elsewhere (direct from Apple for example). If a customer purchased the watch from EE on a monthly plan, they will get unlimited data.

If you are wanting to buy the watch outright, then the easiest option would be to buy it direct from Apple.

I agree, there does need to be a webpage, explaining how much the cellular add on plan is, and the details of what you get. Has not all purchasers of the cellular Apple Watch, choose to have the cellular add on plan, added straightway.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mikeeprior  It’s unlimited data for 3 months.  The best way to work out if you need a cellular watch it to think about this. 

Hiw offen do you go out and wish you didn’t have you phone with you.    

Investigator

I currently own a series 1 Apple Watch and find it a very useful device.  I am interested in the additional features of the series 4 - including the ability to use it completely independently of the iPhone. 

This topic however is regarding the bad practice of EE by not making information about products they offer and should be available for a consumer to view and assess. 

Thank you for response and information. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Mikeeprior.

I can see you've had some great advice already from @Fatboy71 and @Chris_B.

Our online shop has prices available when you buy direct from EE 🙂

Are you looking to get a watch direct from EE or from Apple?

Jon

Investigator

I’m trying to assess both options and come to an informed decision.  To do this I need to be able to confidently price the option of buying elsewhere and adding to my iPhone plan/account.  This information is not available on your site.  

An an additional question is what is the monthly price post the 24 month if I buy the watch from EE. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mikeeprior.

As @Fatboy71 mentioned, the price to use data on a watch purchased indirectly would be £5 per month.

After 24 months of using a watch that was bought directly from EE, if you wish to  continue using data it would also be £5 per month.

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.