by griffinkd Investigator
Investigator

What's the warranty on a 4 day old iPhone 7?

Hi, I've had my new iPhone 7 and it has already formed some scratches and is quite slow performance wise, so is there any way I can exchange it for a new one, seeing as it's only been 4 days.

8 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What's the warranty on a 4 day old iPhone 7?

The Consumer Rights Act gives you 30 days to reject it & get a refund if it is faulty,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@griffinkd    Warranty doesn't cover scratches and have you turned off any apps from working in the background ?  If you have lots of apps running it will impact the performance of the device. 

Have you transferred data from another iPhone onto your new iPhone ?   Have you tried restoring your iPhone with iTunes on your PC to see this eliminates any issues that you could be facing.    

Investigator

but this 30 day warranty doesn't cover scratches? - if not, could I still return the device with a big scratch, simply because it is slow

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You said IT had formed scratches, not that you had scratched it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Well I do not know how exactly it formed scratches, but obviously I had something to do with it because an inanimate device cannot simply scratch itself.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Scratches apear by putting the phone face down on a surface or picking it out of your pocket if you have a ring on.

Minor scratches will occur in every day use. This would not be covered under warranty.

The performace could be a number of things, ie: Many apps open at the same time. Background processes all happening at once.

Maybe @Chris_B could help with the performace issues.

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@griffinkd   If you have issues with it you need to book an Apple appointment for them to look at it.  The first thing they will ask you is have you tried restoring the device back to stock with iTunes on a PC. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@griffinkd  If you go to Settings>General>Background app refresh are sone or all the toggles on or off ?  If these are no apps will run in the background even if you close the app.  The more apps running the more it will impact the device performance.  

And have you transferred data from an older iPhone to this new iPhone ?   

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.