by Eardles
Explorer

What is data gifting?

A note from EE:

Data Gifting has now launched. For information pop over to our comprehensive post here in Community which has everything you need to know. 

If you have further questions click here and then tap reply at the bottom and we'll do our best to help you out. 

I was told 2 days ago a data gifting option had been launched by EE. Apparently according to the employee I could use me spare data for my son. I cannot find anything about this launch or how to do it. Has anyone heard about it?

28 REPLIES
by Eardles
Explorer

What is data gifting?

I was told 2 days ago a data gifting option had been launched by EE. Apparently according to the employee I could use me spare data for my son. I cannot find anything about this launch or how to do it. Has anyone heard about it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: What is data gifting?

@Eardles   If that was the case there would of definitely  be a post on here about that and seeing as there is nothing about that one I will take that with a pinch of salt 

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

https://youtu.be/eORyb0N6pJ0. Just found this. I was told the same thing yesterday when ordering a new sim only. Guy on the phone told me it would be active today via my EE app 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PeteCPW: Video unreadable by us. It's private to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC = 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

It was there its now been pulled from YouTube! It was a video from EE explaining how data gifting worked! It was posted by EE on the 11/0/17. 

by MattJust Investigator
Investigator

I was also told the same thing, and I saw the video on YouTube too it showed you going to a menu on the app and sending the data over to any device on your account in 500mb blocks.

I put my lads iPad on sim only, was told I could send data, and now he's nearly out of data but I have no option to send it.

rang EE twice today awaiting a call back, it launched today and they have all the instructions on how to do it, it just seems it's not working, he only has 669mb left so I hope they sort it fast or it's going to have cost me more then it's worth!  😀

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Until it’s been launched that’s if it’s going to be this “service” is not available.   And as I said nothing about it has been mentioned on the EE forum.   

by Lwelch1
Explorer

I was also told this when I upgraded last week. Originally I was told it was launching 14/8. I have a transcript of this conversation. When it didn't I phoned again and was told it would be today. As a gesture of goodwill they transferred 500mb of data to my children's phones.  Still waiting!!

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

Then maybe they should brief the sales team not to mention this to customers! I wouldn't of bought a sim only plan with 250mb otherwise. I shall be calling to for a resolution today. Luckily I'm I'm in my 14 day returns window 

by MattJust Investigator
Investigator

Just spoke to a lovely lady at EE, they received an email last night with regards to data gifting. It's been delayed, and they don't know when till. 

Give them a call, as I took the contract out in good faith that the data gifting would be available in actually better off now. 

they dont know know how long it will be delayed for could be one day could be 6 months but she said they are working on it. 

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

Thanks just done the same. All sorted by the ceo office. Data gifting has been delayed untill further notice 

by JacquiH Investigator
Investigator

I was told the same thing a few weeks ago by an EE customer service person. That from 14th August I could data gift between accounts linked to mine. I can't see how to do it though!

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

It's been delayed. There working on it atm. They couldn't give me a time frame 

by Poshchanty Investigator
Investigator

Me too, I was told the same thing yesterday when ordering my son's new phone, and low and behold, I can't find anything either.

anyone had any joy yet?

by Poshchanty Investigator
Investigator

They are however still using this as a selling tool, as they told me about data gifting yesterday!

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

I've heard nothing since last month. Maybe it's about to launch again tomorrow? Let's hope so fingers crossed 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Poshchanty   And present this is not a service offered by EE that’s not to say it will not happen and any news on this will be posted on this forum.   

by PeteCPW Contributor
Contributor

Any idea why EE sales team are still telling customers this over the phone? I was told the same nearly a month ago now. It really should be filtered to them ASAP 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@PeteCPW  They should of been told this and I’m sure they have been told this.  

I’ve just brought this to the attention of the EE staff on here.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.