by Raffaello2017 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Watch 3 battery

I got an Apple Watch 3 from EE last year, and initially the battery charge lasted approximately two and a half days. Gradually it’s charge has decreased over time, so that now I’m not getting 24 hours from a single charge. Could someone tell me if this is usual, only it seems as though the battery is wearing out and that’s not on when I’ve not had 12 months yet...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Watch 3 battery

@Raffaello2017   At present there are 5 types of Apple Watch 

The Original Apple Watch release date 2015 and doesn’t have the wording SERIES on the back of it, it is a single core processor watch that is no longer supported by watchOS. This watch is sometimes call Series 0 on some websites

The series 1 (or S1) Apple Watch which came out at the same time as the series 2 (or S2) and was released in 2016 and that this point the original 2015 Apple Watch was discontinued.  All apple watches at this point now say series 1,2,3, or 4 on the back of it and are all duel core. 

The Series 3 (S3) Apple Watch which introduced a cellular version was released in 2017 

And of course the current series 4 (S4) released in 2018

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Raffaello2017   The more you charge lithium ion batteries the more life you take out of it.  You need to go to a apple store for them to look at the watch, if the watch is under 12 months they’ll probably change the battery or perhaps the watch.  

Youll need to book an appointment first though,  use THIS to make that appointment. 

My S1 battery is still ok after 2 years.  

Established Contributor

@Chris_B Hi Chris, I’ve only ever charged my watch when power has completely depleted, a lot of people put there’s on charge every night but I’ve never done that as I wear it at night in bed...

I purchased the watch from EE on their 2 year plan...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Raffaello2017   Believe it or not you should only be draining the battery fully once a month just like the battery in your phone.  

The battery cycle counts so when it’s counted to 100% then that’s a full charge.  So that could be 50% to 100% twice or even. 25% to 50% four times.

you should allow the battery to drain to 0 once a month.  

If your having battery issues apple should help you as it’s under 12 months old. Use the link I posted above to book an appointment.  If it goes over 12 months apple will charge you to replace the battery.  Apple give you 1 year warranty and that will cover the battery. 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to the community.

I have replied to your private message now.

Leanne 🙂

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T @Thanks Leanne I’ll go and check the private message now...

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Considering Apple only expect the battery to last 18 hours on a full charge, I'd say you're doing well 😉

ewan

by

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T @Hi again Leanne, I’ve read your message but unable to respond, I’ve tried to send a new message but it keeps telling you don’t exist...

Established Contributor

@Chris_B @Good morning Chris, really I didn’t know that you’re supposed to change frequently, then let it run down only once a month...

by

Hi @Raffaello2017

Can you go to my profile and send me a message from there?

Leanne.

Established Contributor

@Leanne_T Thanks Leanne I’ve already responded...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Raffaello2017   I charge my S1 every other day and it’s has around 15-20% battery power left. Sometimes I’ll just allow it to run flat and leave it a few hours before I charge it back up, usually over night.  

Established Contributor

@ewanrw Really, now I know when first had the Watch 3 why someone thought I was wrong...

Established Contributor

@Chris_B Whats an S1 I’ve not heard of that model ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Raffaello2017   At present there are 5 types of Apple Watch 

The Original Apple Watch release date 2015 and doesn’t have the wording SERIES on the back of it, it is a single core processor watch that is no longer supported by watchOS. This watch is sometimes call Series 0 on some websites

The series 1 (or S1) Apple Watch which came out at the same time as the series 2 (or S2) and was released in 2016 and that this point the original 2015 Apple Watch was discontinued.  All apple watches at this point now say series 1,2,3, or 4 on the back of it and are all duel core. 

The Series 3 (S3) Apple Watch which introduced a cellular version was released in 2017 

And of course the current series 4 (S4) released in 2018

Established Contributor

@Chris_B Hi Chris B, sorry I’ve juste seen your last response to me, and apologise for not acknowledging it before now...thanks for the explanation of the “S” equating to Series number identification of Apple Watch...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.