by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Visual Voicemail not working due to new certificate please advise

Hi EE,

Looks like you have updated your certificate, but it appears its not trusted or not recognised by latest IOS version (version 10 latest cant remember exact specifics)

Can you please advise when you will put out a compatible trusted certificate to restore visual voicemail service please (see pictures in attached link)

And no trusting an untrusted cert is a no no in this day and age so please dont advise that either

http://imgur.com/a/EqFhT

Also why are you using a certificate provider based in Israel for this ? again i feel uncomfortable with this so would appreciate a proper EE official response.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Visual Voicemail not working due to new certificate please advise

@AHarMan   You need to click continue.   It’s ok as I’ve had these in the past.  

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@Chris_B on an untrusted certificate ?

The ones in the past have had identification that its to do with visual voicemail, but to use a company in Israel to sign the certificate ?

see here

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207177

In the past EE have used trusted providers ie verisign, from what ive seen from old forum posts, but this provider is not listed.

Considering a number of iphone hacks have originated out of israel (not being paranoid google it) not to mention theres no forum sticky or forum post on it recently changing and to say that it should be approved, i mean this in the nicest possible way chris but that is extremely bad advice to just go ahead and blindly accept it.

Can we please get something official from EE on this ?

Thanks

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

For example @Chris_B the point im making on a previous similar post

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Apple/iPhone-Trust-Certificate/td-p/321819

It has verisign in the picture which is fine im aware of who /what verisign are and what they do. Verisign i could accept and click trust.

But Gal Siman-tov ?

Accepting an untrusted certificate from an unrecognised provider is extremely shady and sketchy. If i google Verisign i get their website in the first page on google search. Google Gal siman-tov and i see nothing ?

by
EE Employee

Hi @AHarMan and welcome back to the community.

I am having this looked into currently, soon as I have any information back I will indeed let you know.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AHarMan  VVM =  Visual VoiceMail 

and im sure you know the ee.co.uk.  If you have issues about installing this then don’t install it and you will continue having issues with your voicemail. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You usually only start seeing certificate errors on iOS devcies when you have a poor cellular data connection.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

thanks @Lee_H i dont want to speculate but we need clarification on this thanks.

@Chris_B i do get your point, yes it probably ok, but relatives on o2 who have visual voicemail on iphones for years have never had this. You would never install an untrusted certificate on a pc, so why compromise your phone ? it is probably genuine, but EE need to communicate this in advance and advise people. Im sure im not the only one seeing this.

@Profile closed appreciate your input, but connections nothing to do with it. If you click on details when you get the warning in VVM, this is a new certificate which became active on the 28th. Problem is EE are using a verifier which is not trusted by Apple.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AHarMan   I’ve had this before your certificates have timed out so basically is asking you to reinstall them so it   works,   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.