by Nathanedwards Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Upgrade

I’m on a annual upgrade from November how much it cost me 2 upgrade from September I pay £98.90 monthly 

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Upgrade

@Nathanedwards  You’ll have to pay off the remaining term of the contract in full -16.7% VAT to upgrade before your upgrade period. 

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Nathanedwards wrote:

I’m on a annual upgrade from November how much it cost me 2 upgrade from September I pay £98.90 monthly 

Just wait till November just not worth it price wise. Be like £900 to upgrade.

i wanted to upgrade too but will have to wait til November.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NickH16 wrote:

Be like £900 to upgrade.

Nowhere like it! OP has about 4 months to end of min. contract term. Therefore it'll cost about £330 to upgrade early.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  It’s a annual upgrade that’s a 12 month early upgrade..  So to upgrade before the upgrade period will require to pay off the whole of the contract not just to the upgrade period and @NickH16 is about right. 

A annual upgrade allows you to upgrade 12 months early but it’s still a 24 month contract, so if you decide you want upgrade before the 12 month upgrade period then you are required to pay off the whole of the contract as you’re trying to upgrade before your upgrade period,  this just like the  standard 45 day upgrade period.   Upgrade before your upgrade period results in you paying off the whole contract to the minimum term. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah OK, @Chris_B. I get it. I assumed it was 45 days until end of min. term not 12 months.

Apologies, @NickH16 Smiley Embarassed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I can upgrade from this November as I had my last upgrade 2017 so it only 2 months left befor I can upgrade for free so that why I was asking how much it be around 2 upgrade it early 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Nathanedwards

Thanks for coming back to the community.

If you log into your My EE app > Plans and Add-ons > Upgrade options, this will show you how much it would cost to upgrade early.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nathanedwards  A annual upgrade tariff is still a 24 month tariff but you have the option to upgrade at 12 months.  Now if you upgrade before the upgrade period you’ll  be required to pay off the whole contract to the minimum term.  The minimum term is not the upgrade period it’s the whole contract, the full 24 months.  And after working out roughy what you’ll have to pay it’s around the £1100 mark to upgrade before your upgrade period.   If you don’t want to pay that then you’ll have to wait till November as that’s your upgrade period.  Just to add as it’s an annual upgrade and if you do upgrade at the 12 month period you’ll have to have a tariff at the same or a more costly price point.   

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Ah OK, @Chris_B. I get it. I assumed it was 45 days until end of min. term not 12 months.

Apologies, @NickH16 Smiley Embarassed.

No worries. 

Established Contributor

Mate I’ve upgrade yesterday all I had 2 pay was the 2 months bill off that’s it they letting everyone who want it 2 upgrade early with annual upgrade you can do so after 14 days of the contract being taken out how long left  will depend on what you pay was told it by EE my self 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.