by Elliottrowe365
Explorer

Unlocking phone replaced by insurance

I’m currently overseas travelling and I lost my phone my insurance company sent me out a replacement but it’s currently locked to my network from home ‘EE’ and I’m using a different network sim while I’m travelling in Nz... every time I request to unlock my phone online, ee reply saying there unable to do so due to imei numbers different on my account to my new phone obviously... I’m also 13 hours ahead of uk time so office hours are real inconvenient for me to be able to contact them considering I don’t get signal where I’m staying... what can I do? Or is there anyway of changing the imei number on the app?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking phone replaced by insurance

@Elliottrowe365  Unfortunately you will have to call, customer services are open right now.  

by Elliottrowe365
Explorer

Unlock phone

I’m currently overseas travelling and I lost my phone my insurance company sent me out a replacement but it’s currently locked to my network from home ‘EE’ and I’m using a different network sim while I’m travelling in Nz... every time I request to unlock my phone online, ee reply saying there unable to do so due to imei numbers different on my account to my new phone obviously... I’m also 13 hours ahead of uk time so office hours are real inconvenient for me to be able to contact them considering I don’t get signal where I’m staying... what can I do? Or is there anyway of changing the imei number on the app?

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocking phone replaced by insurance

Hi @Elliottrowe365

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time travelling. 🙂

We do not have access to your account here in the community.

I understand that it may be difficult for you to do so, but, I recommend speaking to our customer service team.

The team is available 08:00 - 20:00 UK time, you can find our contact details on our get in touch help and support page.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.