by slaweg Investigator
Investigator

Unlocking iPhone 8 plus before six months

Hello,

I need to unlock my new iPhone because I have to leave UK for 2 or 3 months. Is it possible to do it before required six months? What if I would pay for these six months in advice?

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Unlocking iPhone 8 plus before six months

No, but you can pay off the whole contract &  the phone's yours to what you want with it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by slaweg Investigator
Investigator

I understand, but the amount for the whole contract is terrible to pay at one time... Maybe only 12 months payment could be enough?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@slaweg  It’s 6 months before it’s unlocked or you have to pay off the contract.  If EE start making  exceptions where do these exceptions stop.   

by slaweg Investigator
Investigator

I would call it "taking care of the customer", because I want to pay for whole year at the moment, and you call it "making exceptions". Taking half of the contract in advice is a worse situation for EE? I don't think so...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You pay them a lump sum of 12 months fees & they'll just credit it to your a/c & use it to pay off you next ~12 months fees month by month.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by slaweg Investigator
Investigator

Ok, I see. There is always some compromise, but now when the contract is signed, it's just my problem...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@slaweg wrote:

the contract is signed

by EE & you agreeing to all the terms in it & this was 1 of them.

by slaweg Investigator
Investigator

Sure, I know about it. Just wanted to be sure that there's no other way. Hope you see my point. Thank you for help 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you put your proposition to EE? We can only tell you the rules, not whether CS is prepared to make concessions off their own bat.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @slaweg

Thanks for posting in community 🙂

I can confirm that there is no way to unlock the device unless you have have had the device at least six months

I know this may not be the news that you want to hear, but none the less it is true and correct.

Hope that you have a great Christmas.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by SKeenY Investigator
Investigator

EE DONT GIVE NO EXCEPTIONS TO EVEN THEIR BEST HIGHEST PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!

it is a complete joke I cannot get my iPhone 8 Plus unlocked until it’s been in my possession for at least 6 months. I will be going to Cuba where you have No EE over there or any Sister companies I can use whilst being on EE. I have had my iPhone 8 Plus for 5 months now so I’m only a month short and only 2-3 days short of the 6 months when I return. This means it will cost me a fortune because I purchased 100 world wide minutes from EE and x-amount of data before I left the UK to go to Cuba 2 years ago. As they had no EE or any other sim that would work in my then new Iphone 7, and the data and minutes plan I purchased were a joke as there were no EE data, and I got 5 minutes talk time for the 100 minutes so without internet data over there I had to buy another phone with their own network which weren’t cheap. My bill for my supposed 100 free minutes I had purchased before I left ended up over £200+ in costs and I were thinking it weren’t going to cost me a penny more than the extra minutes and data plan I had bought. 

in certain circumstances depending on people’s situations then I think realiscally you should make some tweaks or changes to this problem people are having. I read this guy offered to pay 12 months of his 24 month contract upfront so he could get his iPhone 8 unlocked before he went away to another country to work or live, I mean this is not only pathetic from EE, it shows you don’t give a damn of what mess this can actually cause because your not even interested in what they have to say. If you only have to have had the phone 6 months before it being unlocked then we have to agree it’s down to money and EE getting paid right? So to offer to pay for the double amount of months which covers his first 6 months then I find that not only cruel, but very bad customer service from EE and the Whole Company. I am thinking of moving back to three network as they proper look after us northerners and don’t just have the best insenives for southerners like free 4G on the London Underground etc, why not get it on our planes like most American Airlines? Why not the northern rail service or northern bus services. Nah not happy about not being able to get this iPhone 8 unlocked at all, if I had gone with three rather than listen to EE fill me with shabite, then my iPhone 8 Plus would already be unlocked as there phones are not locked to their network anymore as they aren’t the big money grabbing liers EE and who I fell for. If your late paying a bill now on EE you get 3 seperate charges, on three it’s zero, wish I had known what I know now 5 months ago before I entered into this rip off contract with you guys. Iv been getting extra £20-£30 a month charges for receiving unknown text messages, I ring up EE and they say it’s nothing to do with them as they are from a 3rd party and I need to contact them, no customer help yet it’s them that have allowed these text messages to arrive on my phone, iv not asked for them and I can’t even block them. This is just another scam from EE and their dodgy brothers and sisters. PLEASE DO NOT GET ANY CONTRACT FROM EE AS THEY WILL LIE, SCAM, AND RIP YOU OFF FOR AS MUCH AS THEY POSSIBLY CAN!!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SKeenY   There is not one rule for one and one rule for somebody else it’s the same rule and that rule applies to everybody.   Your not more important than everyone else so why should EE make exceptions for you.   Your no more entitled then cheapest paying mobile contract customer.   

As for receiving charges or text messages this is your number and EE are not responsible on how you give out your number and it’s your responsibility to check your bill and what you pay each month.  

And I’m sorry but where you live in the country has nothing to do with it, is there a ungrounded up north ?   I do use it also but I’ll not hold it against the network as I choose the network provider.    

Still not not going to unlock your device no matter how much you think your entitled or feel your unfairly treated.   

by

Hi @SKeenY

Thanks for coming to community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way.

We can't unlock the device for you unless you've have have had the device at least six months.

I can understand this must be a frustration to you, but we are unable to override this.

We have lots of available benefits including Apple Music with Six free months and the data's on us and Get 3 months' free live sport on the BT Sport app with EE.

Thank you

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by

Thanks @Chris_B

much appreciated spot

🙂

by SKeenY Investigator
Investigator

Cheapest paying mobile customer are you having a laugh? I don’t need to send you proof that your wrong 

Mr S M Keen

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions