Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
by
EE Community Manager

UPDATE: New Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) on EE

[ Edited ]

Order the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) now.

Apple has announced the Apple Watch Series 3 (4G), the first smart watch that connects directly to 4G, and EE is proud to be the only UK network that can unlock its full potential.

You can order it today from only £25 P/M for 24 months giving you the watch and unlimited data every month.

(Unlimited data for watch use only)

AppleWatchS3-Twitter.jpg

Not only is the next generation Apple Watch packed with great features, what really makes it stand out is that it’s the first smart watch with a built-in e-SIM that connects directly to 4G – and only on EE.

Head out without your phone and you will still be able to make calls, respond to messages and listen to your music with your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) – it will even share the same phone number as your main phone and will have its own data allowance.

Why EE?

EE is the only UK network that can unlock the full potential of the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) so if you want to make the most of this you’ll need:

• A compatible iPhone (all models of iPhone from iPhone 6, including SE)
• An EE pay monthly or SIM only account (no other network can offer the connectivity required)
• An eSIM (EE is the only UK network to offer these)

What if I’m not with EE?

The Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) is available to buy as a standalone product from other retailers and will work like all other Apple Watches when connected to an iPhone via Bluetooth.

However to use all the great new 4G calling, data and texting features and get the most from your new Apple Watch you’ll need to pair it with an EE pay monthly or SIM only contract.

I want one – what do I need to know?

If you’re new to EE, you will be able to order your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) when you order your new iPhone.

If you’re an existing customer on a pay monthly or SIM only plan using an iPhone 6 or newer, just sign up or login to My EE where you can add more devices to your account.

If you want to use data from your Apple Watch Series 3 (4G), you’ll need to buy an EE Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) data plan through the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) app on your phone. You can add this at any time.

If you’re not planning on getting an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) now it’s worth remembering that you’ll need to be on an iPhone on EE. So next time you refresh your contract, make sure it’s with EE.

Visit our help pages for more support on getting the Apple Series 3 watch set up with our EE data pl...

Where can I get my new Apple Watch Series 3?

You can buy it direct through all EE direct channels (over the phone, retail and online).

You can also buy the device via select 3rd party retailers including Apple, Argos, John Lewis & Currys. 

I’m mid contract – can I still get an Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G)?

Yes, you can, although the plan for the Watch will run for 24 months, regardless of how long your phone plan runs for.

Do I need to have my phone switched on or nearby for my Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) to do everything?

Your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) will work independently from your phone but will need to be connected to the EE 4G network, in the same way a phone does to make or receive calls/texts or access data.

Your phone will need to be switched on for texts to be received on the new Apple Watch, but you won’t need it with you, so you can pop out without your phone and still be connected via your Apple Watch.

If your phone is switched off or has no coverage you’ll still be able to access 4G and make and receive calls with your Apple Watch but you won’t be able to receive texts, (although you will be able to send them.)

To check for 4G in your area have a look at our coverage checker.

Tell me more about the features of the Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G)

• GPS and a barometric altimeter track how far and high you go
  • New dual-core processor for faster app performance
  • Ultimate sports watch and intelligent activity tracker
  • Swimproof so you’re always ready for the pool or ocean
  • Aluminium case

Some more questions you may have: 

How does my data allowance work on my Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) plan?> 

Can I pair more than one device with my Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G)>

We’re really excited by this exclusive EE offering. Will you be tempted too?

Update

As you all start to receive and fall in love with your Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + 4G) below are few reminders of how the watch works when its not connected to your iPhone:

• it can take 20-30 seconds for it to initially connect to the 4G network
  • iMessages will come through automatically
  • calls will come through automatically
  • you have access to Siri
  • any apps that don't need your phone (e.g. BBC News) will work automatically

What if my iPhone and watch are not connected but my iPhone is connected to 4G or WiFi?

• iCloud will sync SMS to your watch

What if my iPhone and watch are not connected and my iPhone is not connected to 4G or WiFi?

• SMS will not be sent or synced to your watch

1,079 REPLIES
by
Star Contributor

Re: New Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular on EE

I will be more tempted, once I know how much it will cost to add the Apple Watch to my plan (which is what I assume we will need to do to access the cellular feature). 

Considering the Series 3 will be available to pre order this Friday from Apple and that EE are the only network to provide the cellular connectivity in the UK, then prices should be available before Friday surely?

Can you please find out the prices and details  @Jon_B

by
Guest blogger

Pricing and packages will be posted as soon as they've been confirmed. 

However @Jon_B, thank you so much for this. I have always wanted an Apple Watch but have never got around to purchasing one. 

I'm 100% going to be looking at this and I love how EE are exclusively partnered with Apple for the Apple Watch 3!!

by
Established Contributor

Same here, I also hope they have a 12 month sim only version as a new 24 month watch contract would be a huge disincentive for me and would impact on my current sim only phone contract. Would like the cellular version but likely to be a novelty function and I'm not going to pay over the odds for it.

by
Established Contributor

An online chat adviser told me it would would with EE prepay yesterday evening. Is this incorrect?

by
Established Contributor

I was told my an EE sales adviser that it would work with prepay is this incorrect?

by
Grand Master

@Nixtoo   Cording to the post above yes this is incorrect it only works with contract Sims.  Full contract or sim only contract.  And iPhone 6 or above. 

by
Established Contributor

Are EE likely to clarify today?

by
EE Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Morning @Nixtoo,

Will the Apple Watch Series 3 work on pay as you go?

Its a good question! From the info we've received so far, for the full connectivity (4g data, making and receiving calls text etc) customers will need to be on an EE pay monthly contract (either 24m or SIMO). 

EE have been working through the night and will continue to work over the next few days on the pricing, tariffs, and pay as you go options. 

We'll post more information as soon as it's available.

Best options right now are to register your interest, so you are among the first to hear about pricing and pre-orders. 

Gotta say though I'm super excited, I was literally like a kid in a sweet shop last night. 

What do you love most about the Watch 3? 

Jon

by
Established Contributor

Hopefully the information will be released before the pre-orders open. Otherwise it's going to create uncertainty and result in some people making uninformed decisions on the product. 

by
Established Contributor

I intend to order from apple, then return it if there isn't a contract option. Gives a bit longer to see all options.

by
Star Contributor

Bwlmog wrote:

Hopefully the information will be released before the pre-orders open. Otherwise it's going to create uncertainty and result in some people making uninformed decisions on the product. 

Totally agree.

With EE been the only UK network to support the cellular feature of the Series 3 and regardless of whether customers go direct to Apple for it (a lot of people like doing this, myself included as they don't want tied to another contract) Series 3 customers will still by using the EE network and the pricing information and how customers go about getting the Series 3 linked (for want of a better word) to their existing account, should/needs to be available well before Friday.

EE will have known well before the Keynote that the cellular feature will have been coming to the Series 3, as they have obviously come to a agreement/deal with Apple on been the only UK network to offer the cellular function, this alone would have needed talks, things signed, contracts and other legal stuff done, all of which will have been done well before the Keynote and with this in mind, pricing should have been done well before too, and been available for publication shortly after the Keynote had finished!

by
Investigator

Agreed. It is inconceivable that EE have not agreed pricing with Apple. Clearly they have agreed they will accept it for Apple to say so. How can EE agree to accept it if they haven't costed it? How much data will it use, what's involved in handling the same number on two devices and switching etc and what can they charge for it? 

This is all decided and we need to know BEFORE Friday so that we, like they, can make informed decisions before the stocks dissapear. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning all Smiley Very Happy

Exciting times, eh?

As @Jon_B mentioned above, we're working hard to get the pricing information in the next few days.

Make sure you register for updates so that you're the first to know.

Chris Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

What does this work entail?

Are you saying you've contracted with Apple to support this watch without having costed it and decided on your charges?

You do understand this goes on sale at Apple at 08:01 on Friday morning and stocks may vanish fast so we NEED to know BEFORE?

How can you still be working out your prices at this late stage?

by
Established Contributor

I'm really hoping they support prepay as the prepay deals are better than the sim only deals

by
Explorer

Can I buy a Watch in the US, just as I can with an IPhone , and then bring it to the UK and have it paired with EE?

by
Established Contributor

My post was removed!

Numpties.

A BBC reporter called Dave Lee has spoken with CEO of EE, For it to be added to your existing contract it will cost £5 a month. No other details released yet.

Evidence:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/09/13/uk-ee-5-a-month-tariff-apple-watch-series-3/

http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2017/09/cellular-apple-watch-series-3-will-cost-5-a-month-on-ee-in-uk/

Mods please don't removed this post.

by
EE Community Manager

Hi @chrisjamesgunn  - your post was temporarily removed while we checked some facts. 

We don't yet have confirmation in our systems as to what the pricing will be, but if the big man says it's £5, it may well be, although that will likely be the eSIM tariff and not the upfront cost of the Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular.

As soon as we have pricing confirmation we'll update this thread and the post at the top with all of the details.

Are you tempted? I might even be. I'm always forgetting my phone!

Tiff

Community Manager

by
Guest blogger

Hi All,

Everyone is keen to get the information and facts, and this can only be released once finalised. 

You all know how Apple are and even though EE has exclusivity on the Apple Watch 3 (Cellular), the full price and setup range is only released to companies at the same time as everyone else.

So please let's be civil. Your posts will only be removed or edited due to you breaching the Community Code of Conduct. 

Again, I CANT WAIT, and itching for the final details! I've never had an Apple Watch and think this will be my first. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.