by gaborkovacs Investigator
Investigator

Trying to get watch plan on Apple Watch 5: error 007

I've just purchased an Apple watch 5 (gps+cellular) from Apple directly and when I tried to add the EE watch plan I got error code 007 saying that I'm not allowed to have a watch line added to my subscription.

I called the tech support, 2 of them promised call back but never called, the third guy finally informed me that as my monthly phone plan is new (I became a pay monthly customer during the Black Friday promo, before that I was on PayG VIP plan), I need to wait 3 months at least to get the £7 watch plan.

Currently I'm paying £21/month so I offered to pay in £200 to my EE account directly to pre-cover the phone plan + watch plan for 6 months but the support person said it wouldn't make a difference and I can not get the watch plan. I'm totally unsatisfied, I became pay monthly customer because I knew I will buy the cellular Apple watch with watch plan and yet I can't do it even if I offer to pre-cover all fees for 6 months in advance. My credit rating is excellent and I find it to be impossible that I'm not eligible for a £7/month plan. 

Please let me know what to do. Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Trying to get watch plan on Apple Watch 5: error 007

Good Morning @gaborkovacs

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This does sound correct as you have recently moved to a pay monthly account. 

As soon as 3 months bills have been paid, please get back in touch with a member of our customer service team who will then be able to assist further. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gaborkovacs  Providing you are your a iPhone SE,7,8,X,XR,11,11 pro you and are a pay monthly contract customer you can have the Apple Watch sim only plan.   If your a Business customer these are not covered to have the Apple Watch plan added to them.  You an be a full contract or sim only contract customer to have this plan. 

just to check how many lines/devices are on your account?  

Investigator

Hi Chris, thank you for the quick reply. I have an iPhone 11 and a sim only ee subscription for just one line, nothing else. I'm not a business customer, yet I was told I need to wait 3 months and I can't get the Watch plan before that. I don't mind pre-paying a deposit if needed, I would just love to have the watch plan asap. Thank you.

by

Hi @gaborkovacs.

Welcome to the community.

Did our Customer Care team say why you couldn't get a watch? Was it credit related?

Jon

Investigator

Hi Jon,

I already have a watch, I was trying to get a watch plan (£7/mo). They told me that as I'm a new (sim only) pay monthly customer (I upgraded from PAYG to pay monthly on Black Friday) I need to wait 3 months until I can get any additional services (such as the watch plan), even though I already paid my first bill and I even pre-paid some extra money into my account... They said all new customers must wait 3 months but it really doesn't make sense to me...

by
Solution

Good Morning @gaborkovacs

Thanks for getting back to us. 

This does sound correct as you have recently moved to a pay monthly account. 

As soon as 3 months bills have been paid, please get back in touch with a member of our customer service team who will then be able to assist further. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thank you for confirming that the information they told me was correct. In this case I will wait 3 months...

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions