by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Trading in iPad on EE Recyle

Not sure where to ask this, but here goes.

I have the original iPad Pro WiFi 12.9 and have £309 locked in with music magpie to trade it in. I have seen that EE recycle are offering £350 (seems a lot considering its 3 years old). Anyway when it asks for IMEI or Serial Number I enter my serial (as obviously no IMEI) and it says it’s not valid, anyone got any ideas?

onviously I’d prefer £350 rather than £309

8 REPLIES 8
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Re: Trading in iPad on EE Recyle

@wizzywig27 wrote:

Not sure where to ask this, but here goes.

I have the original iPad Pro WiFi 12.9 and have £309 locked in with music magpie to trade it in. I have seen that EE recycle are offering £350 (seems a lot considering its 3 years old). Anyway when it asks for IMEI or Serial Number I enter my serial (as obviously no IMEI) and it says it’s not valid, anyone got any ideas?

onviously I’d prefer £350 rather than £309

EE recycle’s iPad prices seem a little all over the place at the moment. When I checked them before my 2017 iPad Pro only attracted £80 but I saw older models with much higher pricing

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I noticed that, a 1 year old version is £80 yet mine is £350 and 3 years old...

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@wizzywig27 wrote:

I noticed that, a 1 year old version is £80 yet mine is £350 and 3 years old...

Yeah I noticed that too and so locked in prices with music Magpie who have been good to me in the past for my iPads

If you have a price of £350 locked in with EE I’d suggest sending it in. If they want to pay any different they *should* get in touch and allow to to accept the revised price or have the device returned

Maybe lock your price in with music magpie in case that happens

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Well EE wont let me proceed without entering the Serial....

MM have reduced their iPad prices to £180 now, so to get £309 is awesome, but I made sure I locked in before new ones were announced.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@wizzywig27 wrote:

Well EE wont let me proceed without entering the Serial....

MM have reduced their iPad prices to £180 now, so to get £309 is awesome, but I made sure I locked in before new ones were announced.

Best thing to do. My 2017 gen iPad prices with MM are still the same now as they were before the announcement but thats not always the case

If you want to take the £40 hit send them straight in to music magpie. They’ve always been good with me and have always paid the quote price

Like I said EE seem a bit all over the place with their pricing. One of my 2017 models was priced at £80 which is ludicrous and they may have got their pricing wrong. Whether that gets them out of honouring any prices I don;t know. Depends on their terms.

Like I said before you could always try with EE. If they revise the offer reject it and then send to MM

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hiya buddy, get what you are saying but I cant even place the order as it wont accept my serial number

by NickH16 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I’m not sending mine off yet as want to send it in once I get my new one 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @wizzywig27

Are you getting any error messages when trying to add your serial number?

Have you tried speaking with our customer service team to see if they can assist further?

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.