by RVZ Investigator
Investigator

The BT Sports app on my iPhone stopped casting after I upgraded to iOS 13.1.2.

The BT Sports app on my iPhone stopped casting after I upgraded to iOS 13.1.2. I used chromecast before the upgrade without any problem. After the upgrade, the casting symbol is no longer there. I’ve checked the app on my iPad, which is running an older iOS and the casting symbol is there. It therefore seems to be an iOS issue. I don’t think I can delete the app, because I might lose the subscription details that came as part of my EE contract.

Does anyone else have this problem and has anyone found a workaround?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by RVZ Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: The BT Sports app on my iPhone stopped casting after I upgraded to iOS 13.1.

Hi Jon,

I’ve found the solution. All that was needed was a soft restart of my phone. Once I‘d done that, the casting icon was back in the BT Sports app.

best wishes,

RVZ

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: The BT Sports app on my iPhone stopped casting after I upgraded to iOS 13.1.

Hi @RVZ 

Welcome to the community 🙂

It's funny you mention this, I couldn't cast yesterday and I've done the update too, but didn't think about the link between the two so thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I'll see if I can find an answer for you 🙂

Jon​​​​​​​

by

Hi @RVZ.

Could you try logging out of your BT Sport App, then logging back in and let me know if you can cast?

Jon

by RVZ Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon,

thank you for your reply. My BT Sports subscription came with my EE business subscription. I don’t think I actually logged into it, but it was activated by itself. It shows I’m logged in, but I’m not sure what my login details are. I therefore wanted to make sure before logging out whether I can log back in with this kind of subscription. If you could please confirm, then I will try this later when I get home.

RVZ

by

Thanks @RVZ.

In this case, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus.

They will have access to your BT Sport account and be able to tell you your login details, and also help you resolve the casting issue.

Jon

by RVZ Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi Jon,

I’ve found the solution. All that was needed was a soft restart of my phone. Once I‘d done that, the casting icon was back in the BT Sports app.

best wishes,

RVZ

by

Thanks for getting back to me with a solution, @RVZ!

Hopefully this will help other users if they have the same problem too 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions