by Jester69 Investigator
Investigator

Slow connecting to wifi calling

My iPhone 7 often takes minutes before it connects to wifi calling leaving me with no service.

anyone experiencing similar and is there a way to force it to connect to wifi calling?

ive tried turning wifi calling on and off without success.

bt hub5 router

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Jester69 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Slow connecting to wifi calling

Through an apple forum I have found that in wifi settings for the available connection  by changing the http proxy from manual connection to auto this improves the reliability of wifi calling actually working/switching on considerably.

only other suggestions made was to turn off auto lock on phone once wifi calling had connected.

this works well but obviously drains battery life.

in summary I believe work needs to be done by EE to improve the reliability of wifi calling switching on when mobile signal is weak/no service 

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Good evening @Jester69,

Thanks for coming here for help.

Have you tried another WiFi network at all?

If so does the same happen?

If you could also try and reset the network settings.

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This will delete any WiFi passwords.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

by Jester69 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

Thanks for the suggestions.
It seems not to connect wifi calling regularly to any network.

I have reset network settings which does seem to help with the speed of connection but I note that even when connected to wifi calling after the phone has locked and i start to use again it will have dropped off wifi calling and go back to no service until it reconnects to wifi calling only when phone is unlocked.
It's really frustrating as i am missing calls as there is no EE mobile signal in my home and i swapped from o2 specifically to get wifi calling as there mobile signal was a little patchy indoors too.
Any ideas??

Regards

James
by
EE Employee

Hi @Jester69

Thank you for popping back.

Have you tried a reset on your router at all to see if that helps?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Jester69 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee
Yes done that but to no avail.
Problem is with phone dropping off wifi calling (not wifi) when locked or simply doesn't switch to wifi calling when in use just sticks as no service even when using wifi for internet.

Regards

James

Regards

James
by
EE Employee

Hi @Jester69

We will be unable to run any diagnostics  as we are having issues with WiFi Calling currently and it is unavailable. We’ll have it back online as quickly as possible.

We do apologise for this issue.

Many thanks,

Lee

Highlighted
by Jester69 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Through an apple forum I have found that in wifi settings for the available connection  by changing the http proxy from manual connection to auto this improves the reliability of wifi calling actually working/switching on considerably.

only other suggestions made was to turn off auto lock on phone once wifi calling had connected.

this works well but obviously drains battery life.

in summary I believe work needs to be done by EE to improve the reliability of wifi calling switching on when mobile signal is weak/no service 

by
EE Employee

Afternoon @Jester69

Thanks for sharing what you found out!

I'm pretty sure my WiFi Calling stays on when my screen locks, I'm a iPhone 6s user.

I'm going to test it this evening and also test on a 7.

I'll get back to you 1st thing in the morning!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions