by Sarahloub
Visitor

Re: Six free months of Apple Music & data to stream it, on us

Hi,

I had an apple music account that I cancelled earlier this year, but not through Ee.  I texted MUSIC to 150 earlier today but I've had no reply. Should I text STREAM now? Or is there something else I should do?

Thanks, 

Sarah

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sarahloub

Please do try texting MUSIC to 150 again, we did have a little issue earlier.

Many thanks,

Lee

by csctt

Hi. Where can I read written confirmation that I got the 6 months free? I thought maybe apple would send an email with details of the subscription but so far all I have is one to verify my account (which I have done).

Thanks Smiley Happy

by DBuchanan64 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply, I understood that I would be entitled to claim 6 months free Apple Music, even if I already had an Apple Music membership.  Most, if not all Apple Music members are offered 3 months free membership upon joining so excluding those members would appear to be a bit strange.

Can you confirm?

Daniel

by
EE Employee

Hi @csctt

You don't get any confirmation of your free EE 6 months.

As long as you follow the steps, cancel any current subscriptions and verify your account - everything will be set up.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
EE Employee

Hello @DBuchanan64

As long as you haven't already claimed a 6 month free offer from EE you're entitled to the offer.

Any offer you've had from Apple doesn't stop you from claiming the EE 6 months.

Hope this helps.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

But how are you supposed to know if it's been done correctly if you have no way of checking that it's worked. Is this a scam? It seems like you're telling us you're giving us something g for free, then when we still get our bill for it you'll say "oh you did it wrong so that's why it's not working."

by
EE Employee

Hi @MrMonk44

I can assure you it's not a scam.

If you follow the links correctly this will activate your free 6 months.

You would only be charged if you set up a chargeable subscription with Apple.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

@Karen_C

Yes but I do pay for Apple Music each month, and at no point in this set up process did it tell me what to do about my current subscription, and when I clicked on the link in the text to "verify" it opened Apple Music, then a purple screen popped up, then disappeared without saying anything, and that was it. Is that what's supposed to happen? Does that mean it's done? Has my free 6 months started? Shhhhh nobody knows it's a secret...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MrMonk44  You can only have one Apple Music subscription linked with your Apple ID so you’ll obviously need to cancel your paid Apple subscription. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @MrMonk44

As with any subscription you can't have two running at once.

It advises on the Apple Music Help pages that you need to cancel your current subscription if you have one.

It would only show an error message if there was any issues with setting up the free 6 months.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

@Chris_B And where exactly was that information in all of the correspondence that I had from EE? Not once did it explain what to do if you already used Apple Music. This has been very poorly organised and communicated. I'm disappointed and also even now still unsure as to what I need to do to get this "offer" that you have teased me with. Tell me exactly whether I have the free Apple Music, and if I don't, tell me exactly what to do to get it. I'm getting annoyed now.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

@Karen_C But that is exactly what I'm talking about. There's been no error message, nothing saying "I'm sorry you can't do that you have to do this" no confirmation of success or failure to set up this treat.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

@Karen_C So this is the copied text

We'll remind you to cancel your existing Apple Music membership while you're setting up your Apple Music Membership from EE. This means you won't pay for the service twice. Here are the steps to follow - on iPhone and on Android devices.

Cancelling on iPhone

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Select OK.

it didn't tell me I already had a subscription, it didn't give me the option of cancelling, there was no notification

by
EE Employee

Hi @MrMonk44

The link to the help page above gives you everything you need to get it all set up.

Once the offer is active you don't get any confirmation - it's how Apple Music is set up to work wit the free offer.

by MrMonk44 Contributor
Contributor

Ok, so my question is this:

if I go into Apple Music and cancel my subscription, can I then go back to the text I received and use the link to activate Apple Music then? Or will I then be stuck with an expired link and a cancelled subscription?

@Karen_C

by DBuchanan64 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply, I bet you're regretting starting this thread now!

I've a couple of further queries for you if I may. I activated my free 6 months without firstly cancelling my existing subscription, although I subsequently did. Will this affect my uptake of the offer? And secondly, my current subscription does not expire until 4 August, I presume I will need to wait until then to see whether any of this has worked?

Can you confirm please?

Thanks

Dan

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ziafau  No it’s only in the UK. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @MrMonk44

Once you cancel your current subscription text MUSIC to 150 and follow the link.

by
EE Employee

Hi @DBuchanan64

If you've activated the free 6 months this will take affect once your current subscription comes to an end.

Of course not Smiley Happy that's what we're here for!

Let us know if you need anything else.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.