by Lingy90
Visitor

Re: Six free months of Apple Music & data to stream it, on us

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I have logged in to My EE and it states I have the apple music add-on but when going on the Apple music app and stating I'm joining with EE it states I do not have it.

Please let me know how I can fix this?..

Regards

by Janeybeans Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Try using it. Mine is still saying I only have an old expired subscription but it does seem to be working. (I'll have to cross the 'how to cancel' bridge in 6 months)

by will7877
Explorer

Hi, I've sent music to 150 then replied yes when prompted then gone through the link sent by text  and downloaded the Apple music app but not received any pin or log in details after excepting terms and conditions etc in app for my 6 months free. I'm a long time ee customer and had the same number for years, but have recently upgraded phone to a Huawei  p10 lite. 

by laurenjane146
Visitor

Hello! Smiley Happy 

im gonna try the best I can to explain what's going on in my current situation. 

So this evening, my mum messaged me saying "if you text to 150 and say "music" you can get a whole 6 month membership on Apple Music for free. I gave this ago and the only text I receive is "We're sorry. To get 6 months free Apple Music membership you need to be on an EE pay monthly mobile or SIM only plan. To find out more, visit ee.co.uk/applemusic" which I have done. I can't find any information about how to add or get a monthly mobile or SIM only plan?

I then go on to read about having a supscription already with Apple Pay. Back in march I think, I signed up for the three month trial which was insane! I then paid for one month which was £9.99, now I haven't paid another month as I haven't had the money. So I tried to do the STREAM to 150 and then said the same thing "We're sorry. To get 6 months free Apple Music membership you need to be on an EE pay monthly mobile or SIM only plan. To find out more, visit ee.co.uk/applemusic" 

im now starting to lose my patients as I really don't know what to do.. 

im not on contract, I'm on pay as you go? I top up £10 almost every month and I get my bundle, so I'm confused on how to get this SIM only plan or monthly mobile plan, could you help me please? x

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@laurenjane146  It’s contract customers only not payg.  The free streaming is if you have Apple Music be it via EEs music offer of Apples subscription or free 3 month offer.  

If you want a full contract or sim only plan you are best calling customer services or going in to your local EE store.    Remember you have to pay the contract each month until them minimum term of the contract.  That could be 12/18 or 24 months and you can not lower the price of the contract at any point of the contract. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Lingy90

Can you use the Apple Music?

Let me know how you are getting on Smiley Happy

by

Good Morning @will7877

Thanks for coming here.

Does the correct number show in your device settings for your number?

Thanks, Leanne.

by okh1985 Investigator
Investigator

Janeybeans wrote:

@okh1985  I had the same problem.  I went on the help chat thing (or you could call 150) and they sent an update to my phone to tell it the correct number, which did the trick.

Read more

Sorted, thanks for the advice.

by will7877
Explorer

Re: Six free months of Apple Music

Hi,

Yeah my number shows up in my settings and I am using the same sim card from previous phone.
by mojob13 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Six free months of Apple Music

no i've not recently changed my number and my number is the same in my phone settings.
by

Glad you are all sorted @okh1985

Enjoy the Apple Music Smiley Happy

by

Thanks @will7877

We will need to look into this further for you.

If you get in touch with our customer service team they will be able to help.

Thanks, Leanne Smiley Happy

Highlighted
by mdwh Contributor
Contributor

It's sad that the last few years of EE adverts have all been shilling for Apple - but if they want to desperately spam Apple Music onto people, that's up to them, we can use it or not.

But zero-rating data just for Apple? That's violating the principle of net neutrality. I'm a paying EE customer, but like millions of other people, I have no interest in Apple Music. I use Google Music, I'd like that to not count towards my limit, please. Same for Spotify, or anything else people want to use. Will EE be doing this?

If EE is treating Apple different to other companies, it's violating net neutrality, it's anti-competitive, and it's unfair to all of us who want to use something else other than Apple Music.

by Jage16 Investigator
Investigator

I had the Apple Music previously on both my iPhone and iPad however I thought I'd take advantage of the free 6 months and while my music is still on my phone it's no longer on my iPad? Anyone help?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mdwh it’s not violating anything to offer free data as it’s a offer that the customer can decide if they want to take up the offer.    And there are Ads for Samsung devices on EE also.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jage16  If you had the Music offer already than you can not take advantage of this again.  But if you still have a running subscription of Apple Music but what the offer of free data just text STREAM to 150.  

by Jage16 Investigator
Investigator

No I was paying £9.99 a month previously and sharing it on both my iPhone and iPad, I cancelled the £9.99 subscription when I got the free 6 months but now it's only on my phone 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jage16  On the iPad are you signed in to the same Apple account that you use on your phone ?   I’ve got the 6 month offer and Ive got it on all my Apple devices Mac/Apple TV from my EE 6 month offer from phone. 

by Jage16 Investigator
Investigator

Yes I'm signed in with the same email address which is why I'm confused, I really don't know what to do

by zyggy_baker
Explorer

Hello!

I've got a bit confused, with  registering  for this Apple Music trial.

I texted STREAM, because I for some reason though I was a member of this Apple Music thing, through EE.

I was then sent a couple of texts, telling me the six months of free Apple Music roaming was being added to my account, even though I'm not actually a member of Apple Music.

I've also texted MUSIC, but I haven't texted a YES response - I've texted Help, which wasn't understood but was told no changes were made to my account.

Just to say, I've decided not to go ahead with this trial anyway but I'd just like you to confirm that no changes have been made to my account?

Regards,

Richard

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.