Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
Highlighted
by
EE Community Manager

Six free months of Apple Music & data to stream it, on us

[ Edited ]

This is the place to ask questions about signing up for, and using, Apple Music.

New, existing and upgrading pay monthly customers can now get six free months of Apple Music and the data to stream it, on us! 

Find more detail and eligibility information about Apple Music >

With Apple Music you can play and download millions of songs, including the ones you already own, on all your devices. You can listen to new music first and releases found only here - and handpicked playlists and recommendations in every genre help you easily discover more music to love.

How to get six free months of Apple Music

To get started, simply text ‘MUSIC’ to 150.

See our Help site for detailed Apple Music set-up instructions >

Already have Apple Music? Great news!

If you previously had six free months of Apple Music with EE, or if you have an Apple Music subscription directly with Apple, you can still take advantage of six months of streaming data by texting ‘STREAM’ to 150.

Apple_Music_980x980.jpg

If you have any questions, please post them below and we'll be able to help.

454 REPLIES
by

Re: Six free months of Apple Music & data to stream it, on us

Hi,

I currently have an apple music subscription direct from apple which i cancelled today as i thought i would need to do this before adding the apple music add-on. My current subscription is active until the 9th august but expires then. Having confirmed the apple music add-on i received the the text message but haven't been aasked to link my apple id to ee or anythnig like that. The subscriptons page also shows my original subscription that expires on 9th august as active. Please advise.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @grimbo1982

Once your subscription ends, then the EE subscription will automatically start.  You can still take advantage of six months of streaming data now by texting ‘STREAM’ to 150.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Explorer

Hi 

I sent stream to 150 and received this reply: Great news, your six months of streaming for Apple Music on us, has begun! Simply download or open the Apple Music app to get started.

do do I need to do anything else? I currently have family subscription, does Apple continue to take the balance of the payment from my registered card? 

Thanks

by

Hi @thecoffeevan

The payment method you are using currently for your family plan will continue as normal, the streaming plan will now come into effect.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Explorer

Re: Six free months of Apple Music

[ Edited ]

Thanks Lee

Sent from my iPhone

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal details onto a public forum]

by

Re: Six free months of Apple Music

by
Investigator

Hi I have done all the steps and have received the text saying that I can now listen to music but when I click going through ee it says there is no account linked to Apple Music and I am unsure of what to do now ?  

Thanks 

lauren 

by
Investigator

The same is happening to me 

by
Contributor

I text MUSIC to 150, got the reply saying to set up Apple Music reply 'YES' to this message. I replied 'YES' and get a text saying "150 is a free service in the uk and eh and will be charged at local rates from other countries. Our most popular services are:"

then a list of stuff I have no interest in.

is the auto-text broken? What is it supposed to send me after the music text?

cheers

by

Hi @MrMonk44,

The generic response should only be triggered if you don't respond to the 150 text within 2 hours, causing the session to time out.

Please let me know if this wasn't the case.

Thanks

James

by
Contributor

No I replied as soon as I got the next message.

by

Hi @MrMonk44,

Please can you give it another go and let me know if you get the same response.

Thanks

James

by
Explorer

Hi, I have just texted "STREAM" to 150 for six months free Apple Music. Finally received a text saying "Great news, your six months of streaming for Apple Music on us, has begun! Simply download or open the Apple Music app to get started." However, when I go on to the Apple Music app it keeps asking me to upgrade to a subscription? 

by
Visitor

Hello,

It it free also abroad?

Thanks

by
Grand Master

@Daisyrichards  The STREAM text just activated the free data usage not Apple Music.  You need to text MUSIC to 150 to do this and it’s only  applicable if you have just upgraded took out a new contract or you already have your own Apple Music subscription you do not get free Apple Music just because there is now free data streaming on Apple Music. 

by
Investigator

Hi,

I have attempted to activate the 6 months free Apple Music add-on.  I already had a subscription which I cancelled and expires on 4 August 2017.  Do i have to wait until this expires before the free period starts?  How can i tell if this been activated successfully??

Any help greatly appreciated.

Dan

by
Explorer

Ok thanks! I also had this message "You already have an add-on for six months of streaming for Apple Music on us. This will expire on 21 Jan 2018. You can only have this add-on once. For info and terms visit ee.co.uk/applemusic" which makes it sound as if I've got a free subscription until then? Or is that about the data. I'm so confused! 

by

Hi @DBuchanan64 and @Daisyrichards, welcome both to the community.

@DBuchanan64 you will need to wait till the current subscription has expired in order to redeem.

If you have already had 3 months free direct from apple you will not be able to redeem the 6month apple music offer.

You will be able to redeem the streaming data offer though. 

@Daisyrichards the text you receive is for streaming, what reply do you get when texting MUSIC to 150, please do see my comment above as it may also assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

There have been issues with registering for the Apple music, it was only offering three months free upon registration, so after speaking to a chat agent I thought I would share this comment with you all:

We did find a small issue which was causing this, but its now fixed so any customers taking the offer from 4pm today won’t be impacted… Any customers before 4pm will be refreshed overnight with the fix…

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.