by bluesbaby75 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Settings on iPhone SE

Hello, I keep seeing that I should ensure my 4G is "switched on in settings"  ( 4G does appear at top of my screen, so must be switched ON somewhere, but I have dug deep into settings and cannot find where it is!  )  Could you enlighten me please?  Many thanks, guys....

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Settings on iPhone SE

@bluesbaby75  It’s in Settings>Mobile Data>Mobile Data Options>>Enable 4G.  You just want it set to voice and data so all calls and data are over 4G. 

Data only will make all calls over 3G but your cellular data will be over 4G, OFF is just 3G so all calls and data is over 3G and below ie Edge and GPRS.  

with calls and data on you’ll still use other bandwidths if 4G is not available in the area at that time as your device will automatically switch to the best connection at all times.  

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@bluesbaby75  It’s in Settings>Mobile Data>Mobile Data Options>>Enable 4G.  You just want it set to voice and data so all calls and data are over 4G. 

Data only will make all calls over 3G but your cellular data will be over 4G, OFF is just 3G so all calls and data is over 3G and below ie Edge and GPRS.  

with calls and data on you’ll still use other bandwidths if 4G is not available in the area at that time as your device will automatically switch to the best connection at all times.  

Established Contributor

Thanks! Found it, and it is set to Voice and Data. many thanks for your help 🙂
by
EE Employee

Established Contributor

Thanks, Lee! Help on here is invaluable… 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.