by georgiaks123
Visitor

Replace phone or upgrade?

I have an iPhone 6 and the batter lasts about 30 minutes after being fully charged. Once it gets to about 40% it restarts it’s self until I have no charge left. I’m insured so it would cost about £100 to replace my phone, but I’m due an upgrade in June and would like to upgrade to the iPhone XR. If there anyway I can upgrade early instead of replacing my broken phone? 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Replace phone or upgrade?

@georgiaks123   You can upgrade early but you’ll need to pay off the remaining term of the your current contract minus 20%.     A new battery fitted by apple is £45 and that’s the issue with your device, the battery has used up its life cycle so no longer hold a charge.  

Call customer services to find out exactly what you’ll need to pay.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@georgiaks123 using the information that @Chris_B has provided for you, it would make practical and financial sense for you to have the battery changed for £45 and then upgrade once your contract ends rather than to upgrade early. This would then leave you with a working iPhone 6 as a spare. 

Or you could keep using your iPhone 6 and go SIM only.

Or you could sell off your iPhone 6 as working. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Unlikely your insurance covers wear & tear, which this is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions