by diggers253 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Unlocked IPhone 6 not connecting to data

Hi, we have the exact same problem on two out of three phones that we are trying to move to EE.

The phone all work with O2, Sky, Vodaphone, GiffGaff, Virgin and Tesco Mobile in the UK

With EE - mobile data does not work.

A factory reset fixes the issue but I lost all historic imessages and several apps that are no longer available to download (inc Tomtom which was £84).

Apple say the problem is with the odd way EE secure an IMEI number.

Certainly, the EE sims do odd things like stop you from viewing the APN settings.

There are no profiles installed.

You cant install an APN profile (from unlockit.co.nz) because it says only one APN profile can be installed at once - but there are no profiles installed.

The iphones are not locked to a network.

So far I spent three, nearly four weeks trying to get EE to help. The tech support is pretty basic "turn it off and on", "reset the network" and unfortunately, it does not matter if you tell them that you have done that 10, 20 ,30 times already they won't move on until you do it again. And of course it doesn't help so they say they will call you back- but don't.

It's really really tough. This weekend they didnt call me back again - 3rd weekend in a row that they said they would but didn't.

So I spent the day looking on Google.

I was surprised to see EE staff here from the exact same problem a year ago. They told me it has never happened before.

It's really annoying. I've spent literally hundreds of hours on it now.

EE just billed me £104, it didn't ever work properly yet and I can't seem to get any resolution. I thought the service with O2 was a bit iffy but nothing this bad ever happened.

Does anyone out there know how to fix it?

Is it this simple.. you cant go to EE from another network unless you are happy to sacrifice your data and a % of your paid apps?

4 REPLIES 4
Investigator

Re: iPhone No Data Connection

Hi, we have the exact same problem on two out of three phones that we are trying to move to EE.

The phone all work with O2, Sky, Vodaphone, GiffGaff, Virgin and Tesco Mobile in the UK

A factory reset fixes the issue but I lost all historic imessages and several apps that are no longer available to download (inc Tomtom which was £84).

Apple say the problem is with the odd way EE secure an IMEI number.

Certainly, the EE sims do odd things like stop you from viewing the APN settings.

You cant install an APN profile (from unlockit.co.nz) because it says only one APN profile can be installed at once - but there are no profiles installed.

The iphones are not locked to a network.

So far I spent three, nearly four weeks trying to get EE to help. The tech support is pretty basic "turn it off and on", "reset the network" and infurtunately it does not matter if you tell them that you have done that 10, 20 ,30 times already they wont move on until you do it again. And of course it doesnt help so they say they will call you back- but dont.

It's really really tough. This weekend they didnt call me back again - 3rd weekend in a row that they said they would but didn't.

I was surprised to see EE staff here from the exact same problem a year ago. They told me it has never happened before.

Investigator

A factory reset fixes the issue but I lost all historic imessages and several apps that are no longer available to download (inc Tomtom which was £84).

Apple say the problem is with the odd way EE secure an IMEI number.

The iphones are not locked to a network.

So far I spent three, nearly four weeks trying to get EE to help. The tech support is pretty basic "turn it off and on", "reset the network" and unfortunately, it does not matter if you tell them that you have done that 10, 20 ,30 times already they won't move on until you do it again. And of course it doesn't help so they say they will call you back- but don't.

It's really really tough. This weekend they didnt call me back again - 3rd weekend in a row that they said they would but didn't.

It's really annoying. I've spent literally hundreds of hours on it now.

EE just billed me £104, it didn't ever work properly yet and I can't seem to get any resolution. I thought the service with O2 was a bit iffy but nothing this bad ever happened.

Is it this simple.. you cant go to EE from another network unless you are happy to sacrifice your data and a % of your paid apps?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@diggers253  If it works with a virgin media sim it will work with a EE sim,  virgin media give you a signal over the EE network.  

As for the comment you can not go to EE unless you sacrifice your data is starting to sound like you here just to troll and you don’t really have an issue. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Unlocked IPhone 6 not connecting to data

Hi @diggers253,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

You mentioned a factory reset fixed the problem, are you still experiencing issues? 

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.