by Jokerj
Explorer

Re: Can I give my partner my Apple Watch 3 4G or sell it?

So just to confirm on this subject I can sell my Apple Watch series 3 4g after 6 months even on eBay as I see a lot of different post and answers on this community some poelpe saying it cannot be done because it’s still locked rather to your contract or it’s locked to EE only because if the sim can you help on this subject 

thanx 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Selling Apple Watch series 3 4g

Morning @Jokerj

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice already.

If you sell the Watch after 6 months, you will need to complete the following steps, so someone else can pair the Watch to their iPhone.

Your Apple Watch will need to have been unpaired from your iPhone.

If this isn't completed the Apple Watch will be activation locked which means you cannot pair this to another iPhone. Details on activation lock can be found on the Apple support pages.

Thanks, Leanne.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Selling Apple Watch series 3 4g

@Jokerj am putting this in the open forum, you may find more answers from others.

Hi hope you can help can I sell my Apple Watch series 3 4g after 6 months even on eBay as I see a lot of different post and answers on this community some poelpe saying it cannot be done because it’s still locked rather to your contract or it’s locked to EE only because if the sim can you help on this subject 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Can I give my partner my Apple Watch 3 4G or sell it?

@Jokerj: You can do what you like with it after 6 months but unless you yourself get it unlocked by EE it will still be locked to EE. You should mention in any advert that it is.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Jokerj, it depends whether you got it with a 24 month contract, as you will still have to pay this, as your contract does not run out until then, or whether you bought it outright from somewhere like Apple and just have the £5.- per month added to your account. 

As far as I know you can sell it after six months, but you will have to make sure that you factory reset it first. Why not ring customer service and ask them, as they can let you know. What is the reason for selling it?

by Jokerj
Explorer

I don’t really use it any more it’s great for when on holiday etc... but otherwise it just sits on my desk it would brake at work if wore even with a case  I will still pay the contrat but I did think after 6 months I could do what I want with it 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I told you, you may.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Morning @Jokerj

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice already.

If you sell the Watch after 6 months, you will need to complete the following steps, so someone else can pair the Watch to their iPhone.

Your Apple Watch will need to have been unpaired from your iPhone.

If this isn't completed the Apple Watch will be activation locked which means you cannot pair this to another iPhone. Details on activation lock can be found on the Apple support pages.

Thanks, Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.