by Andreea12 Investigator
Investigator

Proof of baring usage and black listing for xxxxxxxxxxx

Proof of baring usage and black listing for xxxxxxxxxxx

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as IMEI numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Proof of baring usage and black listing for xxxxxxxxxxx

@Andreea12  You will need to call customer services about this.  Can I ask why you need it ?  And if the device is not yours or if the device is 2nd hand EE can not give you this information.  EE will only deal with the person who got the device from EE.  

Investigator

I need because I lost my phone and the insurance asked me about black listing... I called already to costumes services but doesn’t give me a proof... 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andreea12  Setup a 3 way call between yourself and EE customer services and your insurance company. 

Investigator

I have already done this ... I had a card pays and Go ... I need a proof that can’t be... thank you 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andreea12  Call EE customer services and ask that they call your insurance company while your on the phone to them.  Customer services will tell your insurance company the device has been blacklisted.  

Nothing can can be done from here to help you as this is a public forum. 

Investigator

But my phone is not in blacklist cause they can’t put it from EE, they say r not able to blocked and put it in blacklist to call my insurance company and they say I have to go back to EE cause I had the sim inside the phone , 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Andreea12

Thanks for coming to the community.

Was this an EE phone that was lost or stolen?

What did our customer service team advise?

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Proof of baring usage and black listing for IMEI xxxx

EE won't be able to blacklist your phone if you didn't get it from EE but are just running it on an EE PAYG SIM. Report it as lost to wherever you got the phone from & ask them to blacklist it. If you got it from a retail store & they don't do that sort of thing then explain that to your insurers. EE have no responsibility for the handset if you are just using their SIM in it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Was lost... but I have card pay and go ... I just need A proof of baring usage and black listing for xxxxxxxxxxx

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you buy this phone from EE? If not, they can't blacklist it. That's what they are telling you.

Where did you get this phone from?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I already reported to EE that I lost my phone, they close my number but they didn’t send me a blacklist because I had card pay and go... thank you 

Investigator

No , I buy from Carphone ...so I can’t have a blacklist ?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you've told all that repeatedly but you haven't once told us where the got the phone from. All we know from you is that it had an EE PAYG SIM in it. EE can block the no. cuz that's on the SIM. They can't block the phone if it's not theirs.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you need to go back to CPW & ask them to blacklist it if they will.

Investigator

Thank you 🙏

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Investigator

Now I received this email from insurance.... 

Dear Andreea,

Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately the documents you have sent are not sufficient. You will
need to provide an official document from EE confirming that they will
not blacklist the handset.

can you help me pls what I have to do... 🤦🏼‍♀️

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andreea12 As I said you need to speak with customer services.   Your issue will not and can not be resolved here.  This is a public forum that can only advise you and you’ve been advised.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andreea12.

As @Chris_B has mentioned, our customer service team will be best placed to get you the correct documentation sorted.

Keep us updated with your progress.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.