by Chez4 Investigator
Investigator

Phone upgrade but can’t make or receive calls or txt

Hi

ive just upgraded to new iPhone & new sim but kept existing number. I can’t receive or make calls or txt. Also EE is not showing just my wifi signal. Any ideas? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone upgrade but can’t make or receive calls or txt

@Chez4   It can take up to 24 hours your number to move over to the new SIM card and it can take up to 24 hours for a sim to activate but try restarting the device a few times as this can help.  But first make sure you do not activate iMessage or FaceTime or it will pick up the number that’s currently on the Sim card, this can be corrected by turning iMessage and FaceTime off and then restarting the device once your number has migrated over to the new SIM card.   

by Chez4 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your response. I’ve just done all of that & still no good. EE Is still not appearing by wifi either?

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If WiFi is showing you are not connected to the EE mobile network.Search the Mobile Networks & connect to EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

HI @Chez4

Welcome to the community.

Could you turn WiFi off and let us know if 'EE' appears next to your signal indicator?

If not, please follow @XRaySpeX advice and search manually for the network:

Tap Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn 'Automatic' off and let us know if EE comes up in the list of available networks.

Chris

Highlighted
by Chez4 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help all.
I called EE... my Sim has not activated

Panic over!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions