by jayofcastleford Investigator
Investigator

Out of warrenty powerbeats3

I first ordered a set of powerbeat3 wireless head phones back in November time as I was sent through an offer to get them on a 12month contract. 

The first pair stopped turning on in December time so i took them to my local apple store in Leeds.

They told me there was nothing they could do as they are out of warranty so i had to argue with ee over the phone saying that apple say there not in warranty eventually they sent me another set.

The customer service agent told me to just get rid the broken pair when i ask should I send them back (remember this for later) the next pair lasted a bit longer till end april but the had a mind of there own started putting volume down and skipping tracks. 

I told ee this and told me I had to go through apple care and guess what when i phoned apple they told Me again this pair are not in warranty either so i had argue with ee again this time they said they was going to send out a jiffy bag to send the faulty pair back and get a replcement pair when i received the jiffy bags they sent 2 I thought they had just made a mistake and sent then back after a week i chased it up as I needed my headphones for the gym.

When I did they told me they wanted the other pair back as well that they told me to trash.

And I had to go to apple they won't do anything for me and gave sent them back to me.

At this point i was very mad eventually they agreed send yet another pair headphones.

Now this time i havnt even opened them or broke the seal.

I phoned apple and guess what they are out of warranty so apple told me to give ee a case number to prove they are out of date. 

I told we this and we say they sell me the product and a warranty has nothing do with them and refuse to talk to apple about it.

Surely we should tell apple when the headphones have been sold so that starts the warranty but we say thats not how retail works. 

Of course it is. 

So now I have a pair headphones brand new in box and if they break down i can't repair them

So we're do I go from here

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Out of warrenty powerbeats3

Hi @jayofcastleford

According to the apple site they have a limited 1-year warranty this is the same for most apple products.

I'm not sure of the point of your question. Nothing lasts forever. It very much depends on the reasons for your products failure. You say you use them in the gym, I know from experience headphones I have used last for about 3-6 months max (3 for wired) before they fail. Yes, they say they are water and sweat proof, but they still fail.

Maybe consider buying some other manufacturers headphones?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Hi @jayofcastleford and welcome to the community.

What is displayed when you try to register your Beats?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I've registered my beats on line. And I know a warranty doesnt last for ever but no warranty even if there new?

All 3 sets of beatspower3 have been out of warranty acording to apple.

And when i try and talk to EE about this they just keep saying it we don't sell the Warren say it's apples problem and I will keep saying that there are warranty so how do I win this

by
EE Employee

Hi @jayofcastleford

Thanks for trying this for us.

I have sent you a private message on here, so I can get some details from you.

Thanks,

Lee

Investigator

I would consider but i stuck in contract with these when they work they sound awesome but i need more reliable lol

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jayofcastleford

You might want to see this article

You are not the only one with this problems it would seem. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Sounds about right. This is my 3rd pair if they fail again I will be asking to be let out the contract

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.