by RosannaC

Options if phone stolen at beginning of contract and no insurance!?

So my brand new iPhone 7 was stolen on holiday a week into my contract - I didn't have phone insurance and my travel insurance only covered me for £200 of the value.

I don't particularly want to fork out another few hundred pounds for a new iPhone 7 but also don't want to have to use my crappy old phone for another 2 years - especially while I'm paying for the iPhone 7 contract!!

Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do? Can EE help me out at all or will I have to suck it up and buy a brand new phone myself?

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Options if phone stolen at beginning of contract and no insurance!?

It's not EE's concern. You chose not to insure it. You can only buy a new phone & move your SIM to it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Options if phone stolen at beginning of contract and no insurance!?

Good morning @RosannaC

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I'm really sorry to hear about your phone, that's utterly dreadful, especially when you are on your holidays.

Without insurance I'm afraid, there is nothing that can be done at this end.

Could you perhaps use the £200 to purchase a second hand iPhone from elsewhere and as long as it's unlocked, then you can use your EE SIM in it?

I know it might not be the answer you are looking for, but just thought I'd try and help.

Best of luck, whatever you choose to do.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.