by UnluckyXIII Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Online offer better than I’ve been sold in store....

So, I’m looking through the forums to see lots of people mentioning about free beats x headphones... out of interest I visiting the EE iPhone X order page to find that the contract on offer here is far superior to the one I’ve been sold in store....

The contract I’ve been sold is:-

iPhone X 64GB Space Grey 24M - AU Max 15GB

£82.99

The contract on the EE website is:-

iPhone X 64GB Space Grey 24M - AU Max 100GB “Free Beats X Headphones”

£82.99

I’m a little lost here.... why would in store not offer me the same deals that everyone online seems to be able to get???

What would be the best route to have this looked at and will it result in the dreaded “back of the queue” system as I’ll be making changes to my contract??

XIII

12 REPLIES 12
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Online offer better than I’ve been sold in store....

@UnluckyXIII,

Welcome to the community,

The EE store should have been able to offer the same as on the website, but if you change your mind before you receive your phone and cancel the order in store and then do it online it will put you at the back of the queue.

You could always go in the store and see if they can offer the same as on the website, but it could mean cancelling the one you have with them and doing the order again. I would suggest you do this before your due date, as you have no cooling off period if you get it in store and you may not be able to change the contract you have.

Established Contributor

I think I’ll phone 150 in the morning and see what they can do for me, I’ve already been back to the store 4 times in the last week (1 to preorder, 2 to have the incorrect 38mm AWS3 swapped for a 42mm, 3 to collect the replacement AWS3 to be told it wasn’t there even though I’d received a text the day before stating it was and 4 to collect my AWS3 and iPhone X to find that I wouldn’t be getting my iPhone X and that the AWS3 was ready to take away at the luxury of me now paying for it even though I don’t have an iPhone to use it with), additionally at a 30 mile trip I’ll save myself the petrol and further harassment of the instore staff... 

lets hope I manage to get to get things sorted in the morning and my new wait time isn’t too long as I don’t currently have a phone and I’m away for work for two weeks after next week so really need something sorting before then.

XIII

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@UnluckyXIII, You cannot call customer service and cancel your order, you will either have to go to the store to cancel it or ring them up, as customer service only deal with orders made online or over the phone or via live chat, unfortunately. You can try, but I doubt whether customer service can cancel your preorder.

Established Contributor

@Schockwavehmmm they really don’t make it easy at all do they.... I think the most sensible solution for me is to just cancel the lot and go with another provider as everything I’ve seemed to experience with EE over the last few years has been very poor and at £100+ pcm I just feel like they are making a joke out of their customers (even more so when putting me on a bad contract/deal but then sending me an email this evening rubbing a better deal in my face.... it’s like an episode of Bullseye when they would say “Look at what you could’ve won” and this isn’t including the several trips to resolve the AWS3 issue... or the preordered iPhone X handset that didn’t arrive.... or last years mess of an iPhone 7 launch full of empty promises with no information to their customers and being told I was on annual upgrade to find last week I wasn’t and having to pay several hundred £££’s to get out of that contract).

No thank you, I’m done, not that it matters as the loss of a single customer means nothing to big companies....

How do I go about closing my accounts (I’m out of contract after having to buy out last week), cancelling my AWS3 & iPhone X preorder and paying off the remaining balance on my Apple EarPods??

Cheers,

XIII

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@UnluckyXIII  Hate to say this but better deals always happen.  When you first pre ordered it was all shiny new must have so you pre ordered. Or perhaps you should of waited a little longer but the thought of having a device on launch day was to much and you had to have.   Just like everyone else who pre ordered but some of those have the device and done like yourself don’t.  You have the opportunity to cancel and reorder.  Those with the device are not going to cancel as they will have to send the back and go through all the pre ordering again but only after EE has processed the returned device and that’s around 14 days.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @UnluckyXIII

I'm really sorry to read your post and what you said below is something I really want to address.

"No thank you, I’m done, not that it matters as the loss of a single customer means nothing to big companies...."

I want you to know that it absolutely does matter to me and I do hope you stay with us.

If you are not happy with any aspect of service that you have advised you have received, then please see our ways to complain and customer services can try help you.

Let me know how you get on.

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@UnluckyXIII  Hate to say this but better deals always happen.  When you first pre ordered it was all shiny new must have so you pre ordered. Or perhaps you should of waited a little longer but the thought of having a device on launch day was to much and you had to have.   Just like everyone else who pre ordered but some of those have the device and done like yourself don’t.  You have the opportunity to cancel and reorder.  Those with the device are not going to cancel as they will have to send the back and go through all the pre ordering again but only after EE has processed the returned device and that’s around 14 days.  

Hi @Chris_B

As far as my understanding goes this “deal” was available to online pre-orders so it’s the store who have not offered it (placing me on a contract considerably worse for the same price may I add). I realise that better deals will come along but I’m not asking for anything that wasn’t available from the get-go, we have plenty of forum members who have received their iPhone X and are now asking how long it takes for the free headphones to arrive.... additionally, I haven’t received any device which would have softened the blow a little, so now I’ve got no phone, an AWS3 that I can’t use but I’m paying for and the added bonus of knowing I’ve been had and sold a subpar contract at the same time as having to cough up over £300 because I’ve had to buy out my contract as last years 4GEE Max plan wasn’t an annual upgrade as originally sold....

Sure, I'm a bit salty with it and it’s only a phone at the end of the day but taking the p out of me is one thing but taking the p out of my money is where’s I draw the line and it feels like that’s the case in this scenario.

Please don’t take this as a personal attack against yourself and I know you are just here to try and help 🙂

XIII

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@UnluckyXIII   Store tariffs can differ from online tariffs unfortunately.   The tariff I got wasn’t offered anywhere online and only from within my online account when I upgraded.   To my knowledge no one got this tariff except for me and I’ll of been mad not to take it. I even had a cheaper tariff then the one I chose but after working out the pros and cons of it I’m only paying around £30 more over 2 years.    

Calling customer service can even get you different tariffs as EE only show the popular tariffs and majority of customers think that’s all there is.  The store can only offer what they show you and not any deals that might come along.   

Try call calling customer services to see if you can change the tariff.      

Established Contributor

@Richard_C

Hi Richard_C,

Thank you for your response to my innital post. I have since used the "Ways to Complain" service but unfortunately they weren't able to offer any assistance with my current situation as the contract agreement was made in store (first time I've done this as I've always placed my own orders online but the AU program insisted that any future upgrade must be done in store... that's worked out a treat for me!). I have also spoken to Customer Services directly over the phone but to no avail... to add insult to injury I have now been informed that I have two AWS3 contracts against my account as the first incorrect one hasn't been cancelled... my EE experiance just seems to get better and better....

To think I was originally planning on taking out Apple TV when picking up my new iPhone X to have ended up where I am today.... No new phone as innitially promissed, the realisation that I've been "had" and sold a much worse contract for the same amount of money, that I'm getting billed for not one but TWO Apple Watch contracts due to no fault of my own (even getting billed for one when I have no means to use it is insult enough).

I really don't know what to say, I've been with EE (T-Mobile) since the early 2000's but you have really out done yourselves on this occasion. Fortunately I have received my total outstanding balance to pay (for both watches and everything else on my account) and its only 627 (excluding any usage outside of my plan) which is a small fee to break away from all of this frustration, stress and hassle.

Simply speachless.....

by

Hi @UnluckyXIII

Thank you for updating and getting back to me.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you advise that you have had.

If there is anything further we can do to try and help here, please let us know.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Hi @Richard_C,

Thank you for your reply,

As far as it appears no one is able to help me with this unfortunately but thank you for expressing your concern.

Additionally, I’m away with work for two weeks after this one (possibly now with no phone), what will happen to my pre-order as I’m unlikely to be available to collect it??

by

Hi @UnluckyXIII

I am concerned and I do care 🙂

If you are not available when your device is delivered, contact your store to let them know and arrange a date you can pop in to collect your device.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.