by sgunnill Investigator
Investigator

New to music streaming help please!

Hello:

Newbie here!

I am new to music streaming. I already have Apple Music on my iPhone x but now want to listen while out and about. I have a 2GB allowance for data on my EE account.

Can I get the free data streaming with EE? I don't want to cancel my subscription with Apple Music.

Say I use it every day for an hour, appox how much data will I use? ( Hope this isn't a silly question.)

I have seen mentions of text 150 & STREAM to get streaming for a month for a fixed amount. Is this the best way?

Grateful for your help please.

Thx.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: New to music streaming help please!

@sgunnill  You can have the free streaming without stopping your current apple subscription.  Just text STREAM to 150 if you wish 

or 

you can take up EEs offer of Apple Music which is free for 6 months and includes the free streaming.   You can then just leave it to continue at the end of 6 months and you’ll pay your Apple Music subscription via your phone bill to EE after 6 months so you don’t need to set it up again via Apple and your iTunes account.  

Just remember when or if you chose to use EEs offer wait until your monthly subscription ends with Apple first before you sign up with EE.  You’ll not loose and of your music as it’s on your Apple account when you sign back via EE. 

10 REPLIES 10
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@sgunnill I don't use apple or apple music, not 100% sure but streaming apple music on EE could be free 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sgunnill.

Thanks for coming to the community today 🙂

You can get free Apple Music for six months including free streaming if you sign up to the free trial.

You would need to cancel your current subscription, but you can keep any music you've already downloaded.

Jon

by sgunnill Investigator
Investigator

Thx for the reply. I thought it was only free when you have signed up for Apple Music via EE. I don't know enough about all this yet.  Thx again

by sgunnill Investigator
Investigator

Thx, I am interested in this. After six months what happens regarding a) streaming costs and b) Apple Music subscription.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

See How do I get free Apple Music for six months?

After 6 month you pay £9.99 pm unless you cancel beforehand.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@sgunnill  You can have the free streaming without stopping your current apple subscription.  Just text STREAM to 150 if you wish 

or 

you can take up EEs offer of Apple Music which is free for 6 months and includes the free streaming.   You can then just leave it to continue at the end of 6 months and you’ll pay your Apple Music subscription via your phone bill to EE after 6 months so you don’t need to set it up again via Apple and your iTunes account.  

Just remember when or if you chose to use EEs offer wait until your monthly subscription ends with Apple first before you sign up with EE.  You’ll not loose and of your music as it’s on your Apple account when you sign back via EE. 

by mikegunnill Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem, grateful for help.

I had Apple Music before discovering the offer on EE. At someone's suggestion I signed up for free streaming via 150. I am receiving this now.

What happens in August when my free period ends? I would like to get the EE offer of continuing streaming music for £4.99 at the end of the free period.

1: Should I cancel my present Apple Music Account and sign up via EE?

2: Or will the system already think I have had free streaming & cancelled?

3: I am new to streaming and data. It is ideal for listening to my music but I am worried about,  after the free period ends.

4: Ideally I would like the free-streaming to continue and then obtain the Stream offer of £4.99

Knowledgable help gratefully received. Thank you.

Mike

Highlighted
by

Hi there @mikegunnill

Thanks for coming back to the community.

The free data streaming add-on will be automatically removed from your account and any data used whilst using the Apple Music App will now come out of your price plan’s data allowance.

We’ll send you a text at the end of the six months to remind you.

If you’d like to continue receiving unlimited Apple Music data, this can be added to your account at any point for just £5 per month by logging in to your My EE account and going to the 'add-ons' section, or texting STREAM to 150.

Full information can be found on our EE Apple Music Help page.

Leanne.

by mikegunnill Contributor
Contributor

Leanne_T

I am very grateful and thank you for making it clear. 

regards

Mike

by

You are very welcome @mikegunnill

Have a lovely day 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.