by djwoody Established Contributor
Established Contributor

New Apple Watch Series 4 on existing Series 3 data plan

Hi - so after last years debacle I just thought I'd get the question in early to prepare!!

I have an existing Series 3 LTE Apple Watch with a data plan. I have just ordered the Series 4 - what do I need to do get move my existing plan over to the new watch ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: New Apple Watch Series 4 on existing Series 3 data plan

Good Evening @djwoody

Thanks for coming back to the community.

All you would need to do is unpair your Apple Watch 3 and select remove plan from device.

You can then pair your Apple Watch 4 to use with your current subscription, to do this you  would  need to give us a call on 150 and provide your new EID so we can associate your new device.

Hope this helps 🙂

by Lu17 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T@Hi there I’ve just been reading the last posts and I have the series 3 stainless steel and would want the series 4 stainless steel, I know that EE don’t do it but I was thinking of getting it from Apple or John Lewis.  If I did this would it still be the case that I would be able to use my current subscription ? Also would I be able to sell my Apple series 3 or not ?

by

Hi there @Lu17

Yes, you can use your current subscription just follow the steps above 🙂

How long have you had your Apple Watch Series 3?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by Lu17 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T Hi Leanne Thanks for reply I’ve had it a year now 

Cheers

Lucinda

by

Thanks @Lu17

If you decide to sell your watch, you will need to make sure you follow the below steps.

• The Apple Watch will need to have been unpaired from your iPhone.
  • If this hasn't been completed the Apple Watch will be activation locked which means the Watch cannot pair this to another iPhone.
  • Details on activation lock can be found on the Apple support pages.

Once the above is complete a new owner will be ready to pair the Watch with their iPhone, details can be found on our How do I pair Apple Watch Series 3 or Apple Watch Series 4 with my iPhone post.

Hope this helps 🙂

by djwoody Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Once again this is a farce !!! Unparied my old watch, chose to keep plan - paired my new one, called up and gave new EID number - not working.

When you call up you get told to do different things by different people. Unpair again / switch off and on (that gem !!) / remove plan / keep plan !!!!

It's been 12 months since the orginal came out and the absolute shambles that was setting that up.

You would think that by now the process would be sorted and every support person would know the process !!!

Another mess !

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@djwoody  This new as your moving to a new watch so there are bound to be a few issues as EE are the first network to have this upgrade process happening. 

by djmac20 Investigator
Investigator

This exactly!

EE advisors just says to unpair/repair over and over again, each time takes like an hour of my time, then it still doesnt connect to LTE. They have the new IMEI of my iPhoneXS and the new EID of the Watch4, still does not work.  Not to mention having to call all my banks to re-activate ApplePay for each credit card every time EE makes me re-pair.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@djmac20  You are doing this connected to a cellular connection?  if not turn off WiFi. 

You have to call all your bank to setup apple pay  ??    You shouldn’t have to do that at all. 

Please have a read of this

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.