by Ros1ep Established Contributor
Established Contributor

My iPhone 6+ won't access web apps unless linked to home router. I have data.

My iPhone 6+ won't access web or apps unless I am connected to my home router. I have 10GB monthly data hardly used. Full mobile connection. 4G showing. No error messages. Nothing happens until I return to my home router. The usual rebooting exercise does not cure the issue. Any assistance gladly received. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: My iPhone 6+ won't access web apps unless linked to home router. I have data

@Ros1ep. Is this something you installed yourself?  If not I recommend you delete it.   If it is you can always reinstall it when you try and connect this this service again. 

26 REPLIES 26
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My iPhone 6+ won't access web apps unless linked to home router. I have data

@Ros1ep. Do you receive emails when on cellular data ? 

Established Contributor

Hi. Good question. I've had to think. Ha ha. I would say yes, but not as many as when attached to home router.

Sent From My IPhone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ros1ep With WiFi off on the device click THIS.   Do you see what data you have left ? 

Established Contributor

Hi. No. Cannot connect because mobile data is off states error message.

Sent From My IPhone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ros1ep  Go to Settings>Mobile Data is mobile data toggled on ?  If it is scroll down and is the toggle on for Safari? 

Established Contributor

Hi. Yes to both questions.

Sent From My IPhone.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ros1ep,

Welcome back to the community.

What happens when you try to load a web page in Safari?

Do you only have this problem in one location or everywhere?

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Hi. It happens everywhere unless I am liked to my home router as I am now. I can mainly send/receive emails using mobile data. When trying to access the web, or apps, or social media, nothing happens. No error messages. Just nothing. My Twitter, for example, stalls at where it was when I lost the signal from my home router. I do have a Virtual Network is it called? But even when I disconnect from that there is no improvement. The traditional resolution of rebooting has been tried umpteen times too. All to no avail. If I can access wifi when out and about I am again fine. It just appears to be when trying to use my mobile data. It's as if that facility is not switched on, as it were.

Sent From My IPhone.
by

Hi @Ros1ep,

If you can send/receive Emails, your data connection is active.

It does sound like a settings issue.

Can you try resetting your network settings and let us know if that helps?

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings (This will clear all saved WiFi passwords)

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Hi. No, sorry. That has not worked either. Just for good measure, although I do it often anyway, I have cleared the cache. All to no avail. I have again tried rebooting my mobile. No joy. All very odd. But at the moment, when I am out and about, unless I can connect to a strong wifi signal , I am incommunicado. Reverting to the 1980/1990s. Text and calls only. Ha ha.

Sent From My IPhone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ros1ep. Sorry I’ve not got back to you sooner it all went titsup at work.  

Did you get this device from EE ? 

Established Contributor

No need to apologise. I purchased this IPhone 6+ as an unwanted sim free upgrade, privately. September 2015. On EE since then, and it's only recently I've noticed this problem. My hearing is not too good, so I avoid speaking to call centres, hence waiting a while before trying this method of communication in an attempt to resolve the issue. In short, my mobile has worked perfectly well on mobile data alone.

Sent From My IPhone.
by

Hi @Ros1ep

Unless @Chris_B can offer some magic on this one, I'm inclined to say, that if you are a pay monthly personal customer to get in touch with our live online chat technical team who can look at this for you.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Established Contributor

Thank you. I will be out and about tomorrow. Reliant upon mobile data rather than wifi, in the main. It may well be a glitch. We shall see. In the meantime your advice is also appreciated.

Sent From My IPhone.
by

Thank you @Ros1ep

Best of luck and keep us updated.

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ros1ep. Can you please do one thing for me and navigate to settings>general>profile ( this is at the bottom of this page). And if there is any profile on the device delete it. Then reboot the device.  

by

Good shout @Chris_B

Over to you @Ros1ep

🙂

Established Contributor

Hi. It says WI FI Profile powered by The Cloud. Delete?

Sent From My IPhone.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Ros1ep. Is this something you installed yourself?  If not I recommend you delete it.   If it is you can always reinstall it when you try and connect this this service again. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.