by w--p Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: My esim won’t activate

Still waiting for Apple to get back to me, they said seems like barclays insurance has messed up down the line, Apple took the diagnostics confirmed my serial number and imei just waiting on them, on the plus side barclays insurance said there no longer responsible for my handset as it has been replaced by Apple and there now responsible, even though I'm insured with them.... not getting anywhere clueless

@Katie_B @itwill12345 @Leanne_T 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @w--p.

Let us know when Apple have got back to you 🙂

Did they say when they would be in touch?

Jon

by itwill12345 Investigator
Investigator

All,

I am pleased to announce that after using a independent unlocking company (and paying £80 odd) to unlock my handset, both my eSim and physical SIM are working!!

The EMEA lock was the problem all along and I think Apple or EE should be able to remove this free of charge.  In this instance, I have sent the bill to Barclays Insurance to pay as part of a complaint I raised with them.

Hopefully this will help others in the future.

Many thanks,

Will

@itwill12345  @chistery @Katie_B 

Investigator

@w--p I forgot to tag you in this.

Hope this helps resolve your issues.

Established Contributor

Darn, i ended up buying another iphone untill the problems resolved but still got an ongoing issue with Apple so waiting on there weekly responses, they get back to me every friday (weird) but thanks for that ill let them know! 

@itwill12345 @Jon_K @Katie_B @Leanne_T 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

£80?! I'd be tempted to try one of the ones on that popular online auction site for £3 first (though obviously at your own risk).

Thanks for coming back and updating us @itwill12345  though it's very odd. It's an Apple lock, they should know how to remove it!

Investigator

The £3 are just to check and then they sting you when they say they can unlock it.

As the insurance company agreed to pay, I am not too fussed.  The main thing is to get the result that everyone is looking for.

Apple need to admit their faults here and remove the EMEA locks for people on two different networks.

I will go into my local Apple store and advise them of this and hopefully (I doubt it!!) they will publish some documentation on it to their staff.

Highlighted
Established Contributor

*******UPDATE!!!!!*****

@itwill12345 @doug2057 @chistery @Jon_K @Katie_B 

After 3 months of waiting I ended up emailing someone called Tim xxxx who became my case handler, then referred to someone called Shane and then the final person to resolve it was Andrea,

Barclays did not transfer over the activation properly which caused all the problems, if anyone still has not resolved it contact:

x.xxxx@apple.com (Andrea)

xxxx_xxxxxx@apple.com (Shane)

These two guys helped me solved the issue within a week!! 

[mod edit: removed Apple employee's names]

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @w--p 

I'm glad this has been resolved and thank you for coming back with an update. It'll certainly help others who have similar issues.

I do think it's mad that Apple are SIM locking these but their staff seem to be completely unaware of this process. I do understand why they do it (though seems odd to only lock the eSIM) so hopefully they will learn from this.

Established Contributor

@Hi @chistery 

Apple does not seem to realise even when I went Westfield they were clueless literally.

Finally sorted after going through 5 different replacement devices and 20 E-sims 😂😂 not even kidding about it!

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know it's resolved, @w--p 🙂

by mvisram Investigator
Investigator

Hi.. 

I have the same issue.. I need help please.

I have emailed the address provided by Waqar and I hope to get some help. However the email to Andrea (x.xxxx@apple.com) has bounced back. Can you please recheck this for me?

EE can you help?

Thank you

[mod edit: removed Apple employee name]

Established Contributor

Hi @mvisram 

I initially sent my email to xxxxx@apple.com but got a response from xxxxx_xxxxxx@apple.com. 

Try these two and just mention my name hopefully it should ring a bell!

Sorry about the other email

Hope your issue gets resolved

[mod edit: removed Apple employee's names]

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.