by freeball Investigator
Investigator

Merge Calls

Hi, any ideas why merge calls doesn't work? Customer service says EE doesn't support it, is this right?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Re: Merge Calls

Yes, EE removed this feature last year.  If you already have it, you can keep it, however, for new or upgrading accounts, it's no longer available unfortunately.

20 REPLIES
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Yes, EE removed this feature last year.  If you already have it, you can keep it, however, for new or upgrading accounts, it's no longer available unfortunately.

by freeball Investigator
Investigator

thanks for letting me know, very annoying! i hope they bring it back

by GeneralZ0DD Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is hugely disappointing! We pay over the odds for EE contracts only for basic features to be rendered useless by EE. I was told it is because of previous fraudulent activity but why punish the many because of the few??

As noted above, group calling is not practical for most situations, very cumbersome and of no interest to me. We should be able to use the functions of our phones without doing back flips. It’s 2017! Sort this out please

by Sh011
Visitor

I’m neither a new or upgrading customer. The call merge feature for me stopped working a week ago. If I’ve kept it all this time, why can’t I keep it now?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sh011 and welcome to the community.

Have you spoken to our technical team in regards to this?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Psmulovitch

I have to say I left 02 for EE as I thought I was joining a better company. Visual voicemail with EE is slow and clunky in comparison and to not be able to merge calls is so disappointing when it’s quite important to me to be able to do at times. Why do other networks not seem to have this issue with fraud but EE does. And now I’m trapped with EE and it affects my business. 

by mabiduk

This is not “solved”. It’s more like “we’re not going to let you use a popular feature that is available on all other networks just to be awkward”.

The solution is not really a solution as not everyone is able to use it. It is too cumbersome and not a every member of the group call can action this to participate in the call. Therefore the solution is useless.

It stops me from working the way I am used to. As a new member to the network this was the last feature I would expect to not to be available. I will have to go to another network.

such a disappointment from a company that is “everything everywhere”. Well not quite.

by Maestro
Maestro

All I can suggest people do is complain about it.  The more people that do so, the better the chance of getting this feature added again for those that don't already have it.

by GeneralZ0DD Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had this reinstated on my account. Send an email to Marc Allera and a member of the executive team will call you back. I explained that I need the function as a vital part of my day to day work activities and how disappointed I was that my £800+ iPhone had features missing from it. 

by freeball Investigator
Investigator

I got a reply from EE that said that this should now be enabled for everyone who asks for it. The support staff have been briefed so call them and argue your corner
by areosbitbasher

Any chance of getting some contact details for Marc Allera?

I too vote for it to be reinstated - this approach is stupid; penalise those who abuse a feature not the whole community.

They could at least have those that want it opt in to have it back and then at least they could query why and filter out those who are abusing it.

by rintin78
Visitor

I have had call merge enabled on my account last week by contacting the CEO executive customer services team. I explained my requirement for this feature and it has been enabled. I suggest you email the CEO of EE email address can be found by googling EE CEO Email. 

Good luck!! 

by captainfool
Explorer

Used 'My EE' app to call EE support, explained my requirement for call merge (to merge a call centre with another party and myself) and had it enabled straight away.

by Cosmos
Visitor

Wow - seriously?

so the feature is available but we can’t get it??

such a joke that one of the most basic services on an apple device which I and a lot of small businesses need when working with clients. 

It’s not really professional to say hey... I know we’ve got an issue and we just want to bring John in but I’ll text you a number and we talk there??? So frustrating that EE don’t tell you this when you sign up and then won’t let you out of your contract when you try to use it and you can’t... 

pretty much all all providers have this feature so the network that you tout as the best... clearly only the best on the surface!! 

by Rizzy

Captain,

I have tried calling the technical team and have asked them multiple times to enable the call merge feature however they deny the possibility to do so. Please can you confirm if you are a business user and when did you first start you package with EE. 

Thanks 

Highlighted
by freeball Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I'm a personal user, I got so frustrated with their phone support I emailed the CEO! They deffo can do it, I used it yesterday

Thanks
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Might be worth looking at dates first. 

by captainfool
Explorer

Hi Rizzy

I bought an iphone X from Apple, joined EE on 30 April 2018 on an EE SIM 12m 40GB at £35 a month contract and ported my number from my previous network. When I then discovered call merge was disabled on EE I clicked through on the EE App to their call centre, explained my requirement and it was enabled. 

Cheers.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I upgraded to an iPhone XS Maxand lost three way calling when the tariff changed. Called up technical support and they enabled it really got away.

Doesnt work when I’m on 4G calling so have to lock it to 3G.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.